New Tesco supermarket opens in Potters Bar
NEARLY four months after its planned opening, a supermarket in Potters Bar has begun trading.
The Tesco Express store in Mutton Lane was officially opened on Tuesday.
At the ceremony, chosen charity Friends of Potters Bar Community Hospital were presented with a �500 cheque by the new Tesco store manager Toby Hanlon.
He said: “We are delighted to be able to support Friends of Potters Community Hospital as they do such great work.
“I would like to apologise for the delay in the opening of the store, my staff and I are now looking forward to welcoming our customers.”
You may also want to watch:
Although 25 staff members were originally trained and employed to start work at the store on February 3, the grand opening was delayed due to highway issues regarding delivery access.
The store is open from 6am until 11pm seven days a week.
- 1 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 2 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 7 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 8 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 9 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 10 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street