New Tesco supermarket opens in Potters Bar
NEARLY four months after its planned opening, a supermarket in Potters Bar has begun trading.
The Tesco Express store in Mutton Lane was officially opened on Tuesday.
At the ceremony, chosen charity Friends of Potters Bar Community Hospital were presented with a �500 cheque by the new Tesco store manager Toby Hanlon.
He said: “We are delighted to be able to support Friends of Potters Community Hospital as they do such great work.
“I would like to apologise for the delay in the opening of the store, my staff and I are now looking forward to welcoming our customers.”
You may also want to watch:
Although 25 staff members were originally trained and employed to start work at the store on February 3, the grand opening was delayed due to highway issues regarding delivery access.
The store is open from 6am until 11pm seven days a week.
- 1 'We were only open 20 days before the first lockdown' - First time restaurant owner optimistic after difficult first year
- 2 Ocado opens new development centre, creating 100 new jobs
- 3 Social club 'blown away' by community support while closed for extended period
- 4 May 17: Pub ready for reopening after £440k refurbishment
- 5 Search continues for missing Stevenage man
- 6 Top gear! Supercars drive into Knebworth for Petrolheadonism event
- 7 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 8 Weight lifted as Slimming World classes return as COVID-19 restrictions ease
- 9 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 10 Delight for Hatfield Swim Centre as lockdown easing sees group classes return