New Starbucks to open at South Mimms services
COFFEE giant Starbucks has announced it will open an outlet at South Mimms services.
The American firm has joined forces with Welcome Break, the company which runs the service station, to open a shop on the site of the facility’s existing Coffee Primo unit.
As part of the deal between the two companies, 28 further Starbucks outlets will be introduced at Welcome Break’s other UK service stations over the next 16 months.
Welcome Break chief executive Rod McKie said: “We are pleased to be adding an additional leading world brand to offer the travelling public at our motorway service areas.
“This will complement the expansion of the Waitrose estate within Welcome Break and is part of a significant investment by the company.
You may also want to watch:
“The addition of Starbucks will enable us to further satisfy the requirements of our 80 million visitors annually.
“We are looking forward to opening the 29 Starbucks and are confident that there is potential to open many more.”
- 1 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Welwyn Garden City school raises nearly £1,000 for Isabel Hospice with annual 'Charity Day'
- 4 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 7 Graduate to create original African sci-fi series for Disney+
- 8 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 9 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 10 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
Starbucks UK managing director Darcy Willson-Rymer said: “Being alongside some of the best quality brands in the UK makes this deal a perfect fit for us and is part of our drive to offer the best quality coffee wherever our customers are.
“Customers’ expectations are rising and they want their coffee shops to be as good on the go as they are at home.
“We’ll meet those expectations by setting a new standard for coffee on the UK’s motorways.”