New Starbucks to open at South Mimms services
COFFEE giant Starbucks has announced it will open an outlet at South Mimms services.
The American firm has joined forces with Welcome Break, the company which runs the service station, to open a shop on the site of the facility’s existing Coffee Primo unit.
As part of the deal between the two companies, 28 further Starbucks outlets will be introduced at Welcome Break’s other UK service stations over the next 16 months.
Welcome Break chief executive Rod McKie said: “We are pleased to be adding an additional leading world brand to offer the travelling public at our motorway service areas.
“This will complement the expansion of the Waitrose estate within Welcome Break and is part of a significant investment by the company.
You may also want to watch:
“The addition of Starbucks will enable us to further satisfy the requirements of our 80 million visitors annually.
“We are looking forward to opening the 29 Starbucks and are confident that there is potential to open many more.”
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 3 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 4 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 5 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 6 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 7 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 8 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 9 Drink spiking: University of Hertfordshire students join Girls Night In protest
- 10 Charity golf day raises thousands for the Willow Foundation
Starbucks UK managing director Darcy Willson-Rymer said: “Being alongside some of the best quality brands in the UK makes this deal a perfect fit for us and is part of our drive to offer the best quality coffee wherever our customers are.
“Customers’ expectations are rising and they want their coffee shops to be as good on the go as they are at home.
“We’ll meet those expectations by setting a new standard for coffee on the UK’s motorways.”