New skyline in Welwyn Garden City
A NEW skyline has emerged in WGC this week as building work on the Sainsbury’s store hits its latest milestone.
Following the demolition of the old building, there was a strange emptiness on the corner of Parkway and Church Road while excavation work was carried out on site.
Now bright white steel framework can be seen.
Sainsbury’s project manager Paul Tyler said: “The new store is progressing to schedule and is starting to take shape.
“Everyone is welcome to visit the viewing platform to see first-hand how the store is developing.
You may also want to watch:
“We look forward to opening later this year and bringing a fantastic new Sainsbury’s supermarket to the town centre.”
The multi-million pound development, which will see the supermarket almost quadruple in size, is on target to open to the public before Christmas trading this year.
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 8 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 9 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 10 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement