New rooms opened at Welwyn Garden City hotel
A HOTEL in Times Territory raised its game – and its capacity – when its all-new luxury bedrooms were officially opened this week.
The Best Western Homestead Court Hotel unveiled seven new executive bedrooms this week, assisted by Welwyn Hatfield MP Grant Shapps.
With the addition of the luxury suites on the fourth floor, the hotel now boasts 74 rooms – and that will increase once work gets underway to build an additional 23 bedrooms, swimming pool and gym complex.
But for now, hotel manager Nabil Lababedi was happy to concentrate on his new top floor bedrooms.
“They’ve been totally gutted out and furnished to a four-star standard,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“One is a penthouse with a lounge area, all the bathrooms are decorated in marble, and all have excellent views of KGV Playing Fields.”
On the hotel’s proposed leisure facility, Mr Lababedi said: “To be honest we’ve held off so far because we’ve been doing these new rooms.
- 1 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 2 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 3 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 8 Frank Turner added to revised Slam Dunk Festival 2021 line-up set for Hatfield
- 9 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 10 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
“We’re also planning on redoing all of the existing bathrooms, but with any luck by the end of next year we’ll start the digging process.
“I hope it shows we’re not one of those companies that’s counting the pennies.
“We’re still investing in every way we can.”
Mr Shapps said: “I know first hand what it’s like to build a business from scratch – taking risks that can involve putting your family’s financial security on the line.
“And then, if everything goes well, you might just reap the rewards.
“That’s what business owners in Welwyn Hatfield have been doing for years and I salute their entrepreneurship and enthusiasm as they provide jobs for others along the way.
“This is why it’s such a privilege to open the rooms at Homestead Court Hotel.
“It’s a local landmark and people will be pleased to know they’re doing well.”