New rooms opened at Welwyn Garden City hotel
A HOTEL in Times Territory raised its game – and its capacity – when its all-new luxury bedrooms were officially opened this week.
The Best Western Homestead Court Hotel unveiled seven new executive bedrooms this week, assisted by Welwyn Hatfield MP Grant Shapps.
With the addition of the luxury suites on the fourth floor, the hotel now boasts 74 rooms – and that will increase once work gets underway to build an additional 23 bedrooms, swimming pool and gym complex.
But for now, hotel manager Nabil Lababedi was happy to concentrate on his new top floor bedrooms.
“They’ve been totally gutted out and furnished to a four-star standard,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“One is a penthouse with a lounge area, all the bathrooms are decorated in marble, and all have excellent views of KGV Playing Fields.”
On the hotel’s proposed leisure facility, Mr Lababedi said: “To be honest we’ve held off so far because we’ve been doing these new rooms.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 3 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 4 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 5 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 6 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 7 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 8 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 9 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
- 10 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
“We’re also planning on redoing all of the existing bathrooms, but with any luck by the end of next year we’ll start the digging process.
“I hope it shows we’re not one of those companies that’s counting the pennies.
“We’re still investing in every way we can.”
Mr Shapps said: “I know first hand what it’s like to build a business from scratch – taking risks that can involve putting your family’s financial security on the line.
“And then, if everything goes well, you might just reap the rewards.
“That’s what business owners in Welwyn Hatfield have been doing for years and I salute their entrepreneurship and enthusiasm as they provide jobs for others along the way.
“This is why it’s such a privilege to open the rooms at Homestead Court Hotel.
“It’s a local landmark and people will be pleased to know they’re doing well.”