New president for Hertfordshire accountants
A NEW president for the Hertfordshire branch of the Institute of Chartered Accountants for England and Wales (ICAEW) has been elected.
Beverley Turner will take over as president of the Beds, Bucks and Herts Society of Chartered Accountants from Maureen Lamburn – her business partner at Lamburn and Turner Chartered Accountants in Wheathampstead.
Mrs Turner said: “One of my main objectives as president is to encourage school and university students to think about chartered accountancy as a career.
“The ICAEW faces fierce competition for the top students from other sectors, so I want to capture their interest early by raising awareness in schools of the opportunities in the accountancy profession.
“I also wish to encourage colleagues to offer more work experience placements to school and university students.”
You may also want to watch:
She added: “I will also continue promoting the profile of chartered accountants in the three counties and build closer links between the society, the business community and other professional bodies.”
- 1 'We were only open 20 days before the first lockdown' - First time restaurant owner optimistic after difficult first year
- 2 Ocado opens new development centre, creating 100 new jobs
- 3 May 17: Pub ready for reopening after £440k refurbishment
- 4 Social club 'blown away' by community support while closed for extended period
- 5 Search continues for missing Stevenage man
- 6 Top gear! Supercars drive into Knebworth for Petrolheadonism event
- 7 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 8 Weight lifted as Slimming World classes return as COVID-19 restrictions ease
- 9 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 10 Chatty duo want to help build community with conversation