New owners of Burnham Green shop
VILLAGERS have embraced the new owners of their community shop. After 60 years of being run by the Tebbutt family, the convenience store in Burnham Green was taken over last week by Pranay Patel and his business partner Dipak Jesani.
VILLAGERS have embraced the new owners of their community shop.
After 60 years of being run by the Tebbutt family, the convenience store in Burnham Green was taken over last week by Pranay Patel and his business partner Dipak Jesani.
And although the pair from Wembley have never experienced village life, Pranay told the WHT they could not have been made more welcome.
"Everyone here has been absolutely brilliant; the locals have been excellent and really friendly.
You may also want to watch:
"It's something different for us. My brother has a shop in King's Cross so compared to that this place is completely different.
"There it's very much about the hustle and bustle and the customers are different every day.
- 1 Family of four ‘distraught’ living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 4 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 5 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 6 The Proclaimers to headline Folk by the Oak in Hatfield Park
- 7 County success for Phil Embleton while Brookmans Park golfers enjoy annual highlight
- 8 'Another Jo Cox' - Hatfield councillor predicted MP attack months before David Amess death
- 9 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 10 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
"But here it's a lot more quiet and you really get a good bond with the customers you see day in, day out and they have made us really welcome.
"It's a really lovely place."
The 27-year-old has also been made at home by the Tebbutts, who have played a big role in the pass-over period helping inside the shop, which is now to be renamed Burnham Green News.
The next step for Pranay now is to fill his recently refitted store with "everything that anyone in the local community could need".
The project engineer, who is going to be balancing his job with his business while Dipak runs the shop during the day, added: "We will be doing all sorts really; there will be more variety, a lot more wine and beer and things like that.
"And also the shop will be open for longer hours; Monday to Saturday 7am to 7pm and Sundays 8am to 11am.
"Plus we are looking at introducing teas and coffees, a lottery machine and many other things as well.
"Everything else like the post office will stay as it is though."
For more information visit the Burnham Green Road store or call 01438 717348.