New leadership of Hertfordshire County Council revealed
PUBLISHED: 15:03 10 May 2017 | UPDATED: 15:03 10 May 2017
Following the last week's election results the leader of Hertfordshire County Council, Robert Gordon has announced his new Cabinet.
It has today been announced that David Williams will remain as deputy leader with the full list of Cabinet roles and portfolio holders outlined below:
• Adult Care and Health - Colette Wyatt-Lowe
• Children’s Services - Teresa Heritage
• Community Safety and Waste Management - Terry Hone
• Education, Libraries and Localism - Terry Douris
• Environment, Planning and Transport - Derrick Ashley
• Highways - Ralph Sangster
• Public Health, Prevention and Performance - Richard Roberts
• Resources, Property and Enterprise - David Williams
The Conservative Group has also nominated Richard Thake as chairman of the council for the ensuing year.
Stephen Giles-Medhurst, remains the leader of the Liberal Democrats and Judi Billing, has become the leader of the Labour Group.
Paul Zukowskyj is deputy leader of the Liberal Democrats and Nigel Bell is deputy leader of the Labour Group.