New landlord at Knebworth pub
THE Lytton Arms in Old Knebworth has been a favourite with villagers for years, but its popularity looks set to get even bigger under the new regime.
It is landlord James Price’s first venture into the pub trade, having spent 30 years working in the missile defence industry.
Despite the big career change, James said he was enjoying his new life at the helm of the Park Lane establishment.
“I’m really enjoying it. It’s a totally different ball game, although the long hours haven’t changed much!” he said.
“It [running a pub] was something I’ve always wanted to do.
You may also want to watch:
“I heard through the grapevine that the contract for this place was up. It already had a reputation for good ales and good food. I want to improve it still.
“I want it to be a traditional village pub again; a part of the community. I want to bring the locals back as well as people from outside and they already returning.”
- 1 Upgrades to key shopping street will leave town 'well-placed' for future
- 2 Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- 3 Police disperse large group near the university
- 4 More than 15 social housing homes open at £6.7 million development
- 5 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone
- 6 'We need to be heard and treated fairly' – dog groomers demand after not receiving COVID grant
- 7 Isabel Hospice closed to new admissions due to staff sickness
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 10 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
James has reduced the prices on some of the Lytton Arms’ beers by 20 per cent and is planning a series of events for the future.
For more information, call the Lytton Arms 01438 812312.