New landlord at Knebworth pub
THE Lytton Arms in Old Knebworth has been a favourite with villagers for years, but its popularity looks set to get even bigger under the new regime.
It is landlord James Price’s first venture into the pub trade, having spent 30 years working in the missile defence industry.
Despite the big career change, James said he was enjoying his new life at the helm of the Park Lane establishment.
“I’m really enjoying it. It’s a totally different ball game, although the long hours haven’t changed much!” he said.
“It [running a pub] was something I’ve always wanted to do.
You may also want to watch:
“I heard through the grapevine that the contract for this place was up. It already had a reputation for good ales and good food. I want to improve it still.
“I want it to be a traditional village pub again; a part of the community. I want to bring the locals back as well as people from outside and they already returning.”
- 1 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 'This doesn’t make much sense' - MPs react to proposed boundary changes
- 4 Reis Suart becomes first county champion from Welwyn Garden City in over three decades
- 5 Investigation to take place into contact social services had with Christie Frewin before her murder
- 6 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 7 Puddingstone Distillery launches new Ultrasonic gin to help Herts charity protect bats
- 8 Say this secret phrase and get a free pint for the first game of the Euros
- 9 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 10 Have you seen this highly sentimental stolen jewellery?
James has reduced the prices on some of the Lytton Arms’ beers by 20 per cent and is planning a series of events for the future.
For more information, call the Lytton Arms 01438 812312.