New home for Potters Bar Police?
POTTERS Bar Police Station may be closing, but officers may yet still have a home in the town.
This week, it was revealed that discussions between Hertsmere Borough and Hertfordshire Police Authority to find alternative accommodation for Potters Bar police officers have started in earnest.
And it could lead to Pcs moving from the old station in High Street to council offices at the Wyllyotts Centre, off Darkes Lane.
A council spokeswoman confirmed to the Potters Bar Edition that members of the police authority had visited the town to source potential new venues – including the Wyllyotts.
She added that although discussions were still at an early stage, the visit had been positive.
You may also want to watch:
“They came along and we had a very good, productive visit,” she said.
“They appear to be quite interested and we’re quite keen to work with the police to see if we can maintain a presence in the town.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 3 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 4 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 5 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 6 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 7 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 8 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 9 Charity golf day raises thousands for the Willow Foundation
- 10 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
“It’s still early stages, and there needs to be further discussions, but it would be great if we could work together and get the police in our offices, for the benefit of the people of Potters Bar.”
A spokeswoman for the police authority said: “We are working positively with other agencies, including Hertsmere Borough Council, to explore opportunities for establishing an alternative base for our local neighbourhood policing team in Potters Bar, bearing in mind the need to stay within the financial constraints that the authority is facing.”
Potters Bar police station is due to close in the next few months, as part of the police authority’s cost-cutting measures.