New HMV store opens in Howard Centre
ONE of the country’s largest music and entertainment specialists has moved to Times Territory in time for the Christmas shopping rush.
HMV opened its new store in the Howard Centre, WGC, at the weekend.
Howard Centre manager Peter Brooks said: “It happened very quickly. HMV are looking for new outlets and we’re delighted to welcome them to the centre. We think it will extend the range of merchandise available to our customers.”
The new store is one of 10 “pop-up” outlets opened by HMV in the run-up to Christmas.
Although the Howard Centre store is on a short-term lease and is expected to close some time in January, a spokesman for HMV said it might be possible to continue trading at the Centre in the future.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re obviously delighted to be opening a store in an area where we’ve never had a presence before,” he said. “It’s great for customers who want to buy CDs, DVDs and games for Christmas.
“It’s a short-term lease of two to three months, and it’s too early to say whether we’ll be continuing in WGC beyond January.
- 1 'We were only open 20 days before the first lockdown' - First time restaurant owner optimistic after difficult first year
- 2 Ocado opens new development centre, creating 100 new jobs
- 3 Social club 'blown away' by community support while closed for extended period
- 4 May 17: Pub ready for reopening after £440k refurbishment
- 5 Search continues for missing Stevenage man
- 6 Top gear! Supercars drive into Knebworth for Petrolheadonism event
- 7 Weight lifted as Slimming World classes return as COVID-19 restrictions ease
- 8 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 9 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 10 Delight for Hatfield Swim Centre as lockdown easing sees group classes return
“But it is possible that we may come back next year if we feel that the people want it to return.”
The new HMV shop is on the first floor of the Howard Centre, in the unit previously occupied by Circle 7.