New HMV store opens in Howard Centre
ONE of the country’s largest music and entertainment specialists has moved to Times Territory in time for the Christmas shopping rush.
HMV opened its new store in the Howard Centre, WGC, at the weekend.
Howard Centre manager Peter Brooks said: “It happened very quickly. HMV are looking for new outlets and we’re delighted to welcome them to the centre. We think it will extend the range of merchandise available to our customers.”
The new store is one of 10 “pop-up” outlets opened by HMV in the run-up to Christmas.
Although the Howard Centre store is on a short-term lease and is expected to close some time in January, a spokesman for HMV said it might be possible to continue trading at the Centre in the future.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re obviously delighted to be opening a store in an area where we’ve never had a presence before,” he said. “It’s great for customers who want to buy CDs, DVDs and games for Christmas.
“It’s a short-term lease of two to three months, and it’s too early to say whether we’ll be continuing in WGC beyond January.
- 1 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 5 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 6 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 7 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 8 Six-year-old to raise money for Afghan refugees with readathon
- 9 Local Plan meetings cancelled amid confusion over PM’s speech
- 10 Liam Gallagher sells out his two Knebworth Park 2022 shows
“But it is possible that we may come back next year if we feel that the people want it to return.”
The new HMV shop is on the first floor of the Howard Centre, in the unit previously occupied by Circle 7.