New HMV store opens in Howard Centre
ONE of the country’s largest music and entertainment specialists has moved to Times Territory in time for the Christmas shopping rush.
HMV opened its new store in the Howard Centre, WGC, at the weekend.
Howard Centre manager Peter Brooks said: “It happened very quickly. HMV are looking for new outlets and we’re delighted to welcome them to the centre. We think it will extend the range of merchandise available to our customers.”
The new store is one of 10 “pop-up” outlets opened by HMV in the run-up to Christmas.
Although the Howard Centre store is on a short-term lease and is expected to close some time in January, a spokesman for HMV said it might be possible to continue trading at the Centre in the future.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re obviously delighted to be opening a store in an area where we’ve never had a presence before,” he said. “It’s great for customers who want to buy CDs, DVDs and games for Christmas.
“It’s a short-term lease of two to three months, and it’s too early to say whether we’ll be continuing in WGC beyond January.
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 Welwyn nursery manager meets Boris Johnson at Downing Street reception
- 5 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 6 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 7 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 8 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 9 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 10 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
“But it is possible that we may come back next year if we feel that the people want it to return.”
The new HMV shop is on the first floor of the Howard Centre, in the unit previously occupied by Circle 7.