New health and fitness centre opens in former Gosling gym
A FORMER gym has been transformed into a state-of-the-art health and fitness centre. Designed to encourage well-being, the Wellness Centre features a range of five specific treatment rooms, as well as four studios, where clients can participate in activit
A FORMER gym has been transformed into a state-of-the-art health and fitness centre.
Designed to encourage well-being, the Wellness Centre features a range of five specific treatment rooms, as well as four studios, where clients can participate in activities including yoga and Pilates.
It is based at what was the old gym at Gosling Sports Park, in Stanborough Road, WGC.
The centre was officially unveiled at an open day on Saturday, where potential customers were given taster sessions of what is available.
You may also want to watch:
These vary from the group TRX classes, where trainers can use suspensions and their own bodyweight for fitness, to the sports massage, reformer bed Pilates, yoga and exercise therapy.
There was also a prize draw, where participants could win a year's membership on the reformer bed Pilates.
- 1 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 2 Supermarket evacuated and fire services called following ‘strong smell of gas’
- 3 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 4 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 5 Drugs worth £50,000 found in van pulled over for fly-tipping
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Student wins prestigious cyber security award and trip to NASA
- 8 Chatty duo want to help build community with conversation
- 9 Do you have the unclaimed £1 million winning lottery ticket bought in Welwyn Hatfield?
- 10 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
Yoga teacher and marketing manager Clare Dobson told the Welwyn & Hatfield Times the day represented what the new centre is all about; the Welwyn Hatfield community.
"We really are a family here.
"We want our clients to come in and know absolutely everyone on first name terms."
She added: "It's a very personal service".
Upon visiting the newly-refurbished site, which caters for top athletes and sports teams, to amateur sportspeople and the general public, you would not recognise it as the former gym.
The building has been separated into different rooms where the variety of different lifestyle businesses which form the centre can be found, including the Perfect Balance Osteopathy, Wellness Pilates and Bodytalk Therapies.
Paul Spence, one of the investors, has been dreaming about creating the Wellness Centre ever since he graduated.
He said: "We have a highly experienced team. Everyone specialises in their own niches.
"We have some unique things here like a practising osteopath, who is also a practising midwife, for our pregnancy care."
For more information visit www.wellnesscentreuk.com or call 01707 330500.