New health and fitness centre opens in former Gosling gym
A FORMER gym has been transformed into a state-of-the-art health and fitness centre. Designed to encourage well-being, the Wellness Centre features a range of five specific treatment rooms, as well as four studios, where clients can participate in activit
A FORMER gym has been transformed into a state-of-the-art health and fitness centre.
Designed to encourage well-being, the Wellness Centre features a range of five specific treatment rooms, as well as four studios, where clients can participate in activities including yoga and Pilates.
It is based at what was the old gym at Gosling Sports Park, in Stanborough Road, WGC.
The centre was officially unveiled at an open day on Saturday, where potential customers were given taster sessions of what is available.
You may also want to watch:
These vary from the group TRX classes, where trainers can use suspensions and their own bodyweight for fitness, to the sports massage, reformer bed Pilates, yoga and exercise therapy.
There was also a prize draw, where participants could win a year's membership on the reformer bed Pilates.
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 3 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 4 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 7 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 8 9 huge shows and music festivals to look forward to in Hertfordshire in 2022
- 9 Welwyn Garden City battle adversity to win at Didcot Town
- 10 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk
Yoga teacher and marketing manager Clare Dobson told the Welwyn & Hatfield Times the day represented what the new centre is all about; the Welwyn Hatfield community.
"We really are a family here.
"We want our clients to come in and know absolutely everyone on first name terms."
She added: "It's a very personal service".
Upon visiting the newly-refurbished site, which caters for top athletes and sports teams, to amateur sportspeople and the general public, you would not recognise it as the former gym.
The building has been separated into different rooms where the variety of different lifestyle businesses which form the centre can be found, including the Perfect Balance Osteopathy, Wellness Pilates and Bodytalk Therapies.
Paul Spence, one of the investors, has been dreaming about creating the Wellness Centre ever since he graduated.
He said: "We have a highly experienced team. Everyone specialises in their own niches.
"We have some unique things here like a practising osteopath, who is also a practising midwife, for our pregnancy care."
For more information visit www.wellnesscentreuk.com or call 01707 330500.