New health and fitness centre opens in former Gosling gym
A FORMER gym has been transformed into a state-of-the-art health and fitness centre. Designed to encourage well-being, the Wellness Centre features a range of five specific treatment rooms, as well as four studios, where clients can participate in activit
A FORMER gym has been transformed into a state-of-the-art health and fitness centre.
Designed to encourage well-being, the Wellness Centre features a range of five specific treatment rooms, as well as four studios, where clients can participate in activities including yoga and Pilates.
It is based at what was the old gym at Gosling Sports Park, in Stanborough Road, WGC.
The centre was officially unveiled at an open day on Saturday, where potential customers were given taster sessions of what is available.
You may also want to watch:
These vary from the group TRX classes, where trainers can use suspensions and their own bodyweight for fitness, to the sports massage, reformer bed Pilates, yoga and exercise therapy.
There was also a prize draw, where participants could win a year's membership on the reformer bed Pilates.
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Welwyn nursery manager meets Boris Johnson at Downing Street reception
- 4 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
- 5 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 6 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 7 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 8 New free live music event set for Hertford Castle's grounds
- 9 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 10 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
Yoga teacher and marketing manager Clare Dobson told the Welwyn & Hatfield Times the day represented what the new centre is all about; the Welwyn Hatfield community.
"We really are a family here.
"We want our clients to come in and know absolutely everyone on first name terms."
She added: "It's a very personal service".
Upon visiting the newly-refurbished site, which caters for top athletes and sports teams, to amateur sportspeople and the general public, you would not recognise it as the former gym.
The building has been separated into different rooms where the variety of different lifestyle businesses which form the centre can be found, including the Perfect Balance Osteopathy, Wellness Pilates and Bodytalk Therapies.
Paul Spence, one of the investors, has been dreaming about creating the Wellness Centre ever since he graduated.
He said: "We have a highly experienced team. Everyone specialises in their own niches.
"We have some unique things here like a practising osteopath, who is also a practising midwife, for our pregnancy care."
For more information visit www.wellnesscentreuk.com or call 01707 330500.