New football pitches at Welwyn Garden City sports park
THE next generation of artificial football surface has arrived at a WGC leisure centre. Seven 3G — third generation — pitches have been installed at Gosling Sports Park, as part of a new football centre. This new type of synthetic surface uses rubber infi
THE next generation of artificial football surface has arrived at a WGC leisure centre.
Seven 3G - third generation - pitches have been installed at Gosling Sports Park, as part of a new football centre.
This new type of synthetic surface uses rubber infill, deemed a better, safer, alternative to the sand-based artificial pitches previously at Gosling.
Geoff Caine, commercial director at Gosling, said: "The sand pitches were in such a poor condition and had we not been able to replace them they would've had to have been closed down."
You may also want to watch:
The pitches were laid by specialist turf contractor Kestral at a cost of �150,000 and were financed by a loan from Welwyn Hatfield Council.
Chief executive Penny Arnold said: "This is the latest investment in the park following on from the highly successful �4.7m Lifestyle fitness and spa project last year. The football centre will be among the best in the area and demand is already higher than expected."
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 3 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 4 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 5 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 6 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 7 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 8 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 9 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 10 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
Gosling is now looking for a local football club to take up residency and use the training facilities provided on a permanent basis.
For further information contact Geoff Caine on 07810 203641.