New football pitches at Welwyn Garden City sports park
THE next generation of artificial football surface has arrived at a WGC leisure centre. Seven 3G — third generation — pitches have been installed at Gosling Sports Park, as part of a new football centre. This new type of synthetic surface uses rubber infi
THE next generation of artificial football surface has arrived at a WGC leisure centre.
Seven 3G - third generation - pitches have been installed at Gosling Sports Park, as part of a new football centre.
This new type of synthetic surface uses rubber infill, deemed a better, safer, alternative to the sand-based artificial pitches previously at Gosling.
Geoff Caine, commercial director at Gosling, said: "The sand pitches were in such a poor condition and had we not been able to replace them they would've had to have been closed down."
You may also want to watch:
The pitches were laid by specialist turf contractor Kestral at a cost of �150,000 and were financed by a loan from Welwyn Hatfield Council.
Chief executive Penny Arnold said: "This is the latest investment in the park following on from the highly successful �4.7m Lifestyle fitness and spa project last year. The football centre will be among the best in the area and demand is already higher than expected."
- 1 Keep on the grass - sign telling people to stay off land taped over
- 2 Meet the man driving a tractor 270 miles from Cornwall to Codicote
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 5 July 19: Extended restrictions will bring 'big costs' to our businesses
- 6 Would you quit drinking and smoking?
- 7 100 not out for centenarian Gladys
- 8 Businesses react as relaxation of Covid restrictions delayed to July 19
- 9 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 10 Getting wild at Panshanger Park with Herts and Middlesex Wildlife Trust
Gosling is now looking for a local football club to take up residency and use the training facilities provided on a permanent basis.
For further information contact Geoff Caine on 07810 203641.