New exhibition at Welwyn Hatfield museum
MILL Green Museum is “open all hours” with the start of a new exhibition opens.
Visitors can step back in time as the centrepiece of Open All Hours: Shopping in Welwyn Hatfield is a traditional Victorian general store.
Curator Jenny Oxley said: “The exhibition offers a fascinating insight into how a traditional old-fashioned shop used to look and the things that it sold.
“The exhibition features original hardware, food packaging, household items, toys and popular gifts – in fact everything for the well-equipped Victorian home.
“Find out about the history of shopping in the local area, from general stores to superstores, and you can also have a go at weighing out goods and shaping butter pats and handle real Victorian implements.”
You may also want to watch:
The exhibition runs until December. Entry to the museum is currently free.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 3 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 4 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 5 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 6 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 7 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 8 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 9 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
- 10 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank