New dance studio to open in Welwyn Garden City
IT would be fair to say that Brendon Hansford has accomplished a lot in a relatively short period of time.
A professional dancer, Brendon is the founder and director of Alter Ego, a dance company teaching and performing street, hip hop and contemporary dance to children and adults of all ages across Hertfordshire.
In just five years, the company has won a host of awards, including street dance championships in Herts, Beds and Bucks, East of England and South London, and finished in the top five at the national championships for the past three years in a row.
But Alter Ego looks set to reach a new audience, with the opening of the Alter Ego Dance Studio in Knightsfield, WGC.
For the ambitious Brendon, 26, it is the realisation of a lifelong dream – a little ahead of schedule.
You may also want to watch:
“I’d always dreamed of owning a dance studio by the time I was 35,” said Brendon. “So I’m nine years ahead of myself!”
But it’s only the beginning for Brendon – the studio needs to be ready in time for the grand opening in April.
- 1 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 2 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 5 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 6 Welwyn Garden City school raises nearly £1,000 for Isabel Hospice with annual 'Charity Day'
- 7 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 8 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 9 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 10 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
“Once it’s finished, there’ll be an 88 square metre dance studio with an Olympic–standard sprung floor and a full wall of mirrors. We’ll have a reception area with entertainment, food, drink and a friendly face to greet you each time.
“There’s a long way to go, but with hard work and TLC we‘re confident it will be a centre point for the community and even Hertfordshire as a whole.”
It doesn’t matter what age, gender or standard you are, Brendon wants everyone to come and take part.
“We at Alter Ego believe that everyone has an inner dancer waiting to come out. We’re striving to search out the most dynamic and inspirational dancers to teach at the studio, and with the right teachers, in the right environment, anyone can reach their full potential.”