New dance studio to open in Welwyn Garden City
IT would be fair to say that Brendon Hansford has accomplished a lot in a relatively short period of time.
A professional dancer, Brendon is the founder and director of Alter Ego, a dance company teaching and performing street, hip hop and contemporary dance to children and adults of all ages across Hertfordshire.
In just five years, the company has won a host of awards, including street dance championships in Herts, Beds and Bucks, East of England and South London, and finished in the top five at the national championships for the past three years in a row.
But Alter Ego looks set to reach a new audience, with the opening of the Alter Ego Dance Studio in Knightsfield, WGC.
For the ambitious Brendon, 26, it is the realisation of a lifelong dream – a little ahead of schedule.
“I’d always dreamed of owning a dance studio by the time I was 35,” said Brendon. “So I’m nine years ahead of myself!”
But it’s only the beginning for Brendon – the studio needs to be ready in time for the grand opening in April.
- 1 Concerns raised over structural integrity of Shredded Wheat factory building
- 2 Hatfield mobile network improvements set to cause TV interference
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 5 Drug dealer jailed after £9,000 worth of crack cocaine found in bedroom
- 6 Man in stable condition following Hatfield stabbing
- 7 Mountain bike stolen from Welwyn Garden City shed
- 8 Great family entertainment in Christmas production of Goodnight Mr Tom at the Barn Theatre in Welwyn Garden City
- 9 Christmas baubles adorn postbox toppers in Hertford crafters' festive yarnbombing event
- 10 Welwyn Garden City BID renewed and funding secured following ballot
“Once it’s finished, there’ll be an 88 square metre dance studio with an Olympic–standard sprung floor and a full wall of mirrors. We’ll have a reception area with entertainment, food, drink and a friendly face to greet you each time.
“There’s a long way to go, but with hard work and TLC we‘re confident it will be a centre point for the community and even Hertfordshire as a whole.”
It doesn’t matter what age, gender or standard you are, Brendon wants everyone to come and take part.
“We at Alter Ego believe that everyone has an inner dancer waiting to come out. We’re striving to search out the most dynamic and inspirational dancers to teach at the studio, and with the right teachers, in the right environment, anyone can reach their full potential.”