New clothes store for Yumi mummies in Hatfield
A HIGH street fashion label has opened up it’s latest store in Hatfield.
Yumi, the most recent clothing range from designer Uttam Nepal, has set up shop at The Galleria, becoming the company’s 12th store across the country.
Originally from Nepal in South Asia, Uttam began selling knitwear from a stall in Camden Market in 1994, where he
His style embraced traditional Nepalese, Indian and Japanese womenswear and accessories, and his hand made designs found favour with the trend setters of North London.
The continuing growth and success of the Uttam brand led to the opening of the first Uttam store in Portobello Road in 1998, followed by the launch of the Uttam Direct website.
You may also want to watch:
Yumi followed in 2007, and as well as having concession stores in House of Fraser, Dorothy Perkins and New Look, now has stores in Bluewater, Notting Hill, France, and now, of course, Hatfield.
Bev Byrd, head of retail at Yumi, said: “This is our first venture into the outlet village market.
- 1 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 2 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 3 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 8 Frank Turner added to revised Slam Dunk Festival 2021 line-up set for Hatfield
- 9 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 10 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
“Hatfield has a great catchment area – there’s lots of students and yummie mummies, it really is our target market.
“We think it’s going to be a fantastic store and a good starting base for our expanding into the outlet environment.”
The new Yumi store is located on the Galleria’s ground floor. Visit www.uttamdirect.com to find out more about Yumi clothing.