New chippie to open in Potters Bar?
PLANS to open a fish and chip shop in a vacant unit in Potters Bar have been submitted to Hertsmere Borough Council.
Erjan Cherkez wants to open the eatery in Darkes Lane, on the site of the former Pizzatown restaurant.
The chippie would offer both sit-down and takeaway meals between 11am and 11pm seven days a week.
Alcohol would also be available to those customers who eat in.
In Mr Cherkez’s licensing application, seen by the Potters Bar Edition, he states he would operate CCTV cameras at the premises in order to prevent crime and disorder.
You may also want to watch:
He also says he would put up a notice in the shop asking customers to leave quietly.
The application is currently out to public consultation until July 13.
- 1 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off
- 2 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 3 'We must act now' - villagers in renewed fight to save pub
- 4 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 5 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 6 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 7 Fundraiser bakes 100 cookies to support NHS and carers as part of Captain Tom challenge
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Michael Portillo's Great British Railway Journeys on BBC Two visits Hertfordshire this week
- 10 Drug trafficker guilty of 'cruel and tragic' Cameron Hill murder
Residents can comment on it by writing to Phil Andrews, Licensing, Hertsmere Borough Council, Civic Offices, Elstree Way, Borehamwood, WD6 1WA.
For more information, see link right