New chippie to open in Potters Bar?
PLANS to open a fish and chip shop in a vacant unit in Potters Bar have been submitted to Hertsmere Borough Council.
Erjan Cherkez wants to open the eatery in Darkes Lane, on the site of the former Pizzatown restaurant.
The chippie would offer both sit-down and takeaway meals between 11am and 11pm seven days a week.
Alcohol would also be available to those customers who eat in.
In Mr Cherkez’s licensing application, seen by the Potters Bar Edition, he states he would operate CCTV cameras at the premises in order to prevent crime and disorder.
You may also want to watch:
He also says he would put up a notice in the shop asking customers to leave quietly.
The application is currently out to public consultation until July 13.
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 5 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 6 Roll up! Roll up! Hatfield goes to the circus!
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 9 Youngsters playing their part as Welwyn Garden City look to continue punching above their weight
- 10 Aspirations to win the league has Ben Spaul excited to be back at Welwyn
Residents can comment on it by writing to Phil Andrews, Licensing, Hertsmere Borough Council, Civic Offices, Elstree Way, Borehamwood, WD6 1WA.
For more information, see link right