New chippie to open in Potters Bar?
PLANS to open a fish and chip shop in a vacant unit in Potters Bar have been submitted to Hertsmere Borough Council.
Erjan Cherkez wants to open the eatery in Darkes Lane, on the site of the former Pizzatown restaurant.
The chippie would offer both sit-down and takeaway meals between 11am and 11pm seven days a week.
Alcohol would also be available to those customers who eat in.
In Mr Cherkez’s licensing application, seen by the Potters Bar Edition, he states he would operate CCTV cameras at the premises in order to prevent crime and disorder.
You may also want to watch:
He also says he would put up a notice in the shop asking customers to leave quietly.
The application is currently out to public consultation until July 13.
- 1 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 4 Conservatives hit back at Lib Dems over Local Plan collapse claims
- 5 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 6 'Another Jo Cox' - Hatfield councillor predicted MP attack months before David Amess death
- 7 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 8 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 9 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 10 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
Residents can comment on it by writing to Phil Andrews, Licensing, Hertsmere Borough Council, Civic Offices, Elstree Way, Borehamwood, WD6 1WA.
For more information, see link right