New chairman for Hertfordshire County Council
A NEW chairman of Hertfordshire County Council was elected on Tuesday (May 17).
The new woman in the hot seat, presiding over council proceedings, is Cllr Jane Pitman, who takes over from Cllr Bernard Lloyd.
The vice chairman will be Cllr Dave Hewitt, taking over from Cllr Eddie Roach. Cllrs Lloyd and Roach have carried out their roles for two years.
Outgoing chairman, Bernard Lloyd, said: “It has been an honour to serve as chairman and to visit so many parts of the county.
“I have been particularly impressed by the dedication and enthusiasm of the multitude of volunteers who devote their time and skills to the various voluntary bodies throughout Hertfordshire. It is almost impossible to calculate the value of their contribution to the well-being of our community.
You may also want to watch:
“I wish Jane every success in her new role.”
Speaking about her appointment, Jane Pitman said: “I am honoured to take on the chairmanship and would like to thank Bernard and Eddie for their excellent work in the last year.
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 6 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 9 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 10 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
“It’s a busy role and I’m looking forward to representing Hertfordshire County Council at a wide range of events.”
• Council leader Cllr Robert Gordon also reshuffled his cabinet, and as part of the changes Cllrs Chris Hayward and Colette Wyatt-Lowe, join the top team for the first time.