New Bohemia stage details revealed for Sonisphere Festival at Knebworth
THERE will be a real fun party vibe at Knebworth House when the Sonisphere rock event arrives in the summer. Organisers of the camping festival from July 30 to August 2 have confirmed details of an exciting third stage, cinema, silent disco, rock karaoke,
THERE will be a real fun party vibe at Knebworth House when the Sonisphere rock event arrives in the summer.
Organisers of the camping festival from July 30 to August 2 have confirmed details of an exciting third stage, cinema, silent disco, rock karaoke, DJ sets, a stunt show and fairground attractions.
The latest addition to the Knebworth site will offer a heady mix of entertainment, set against a Moulin Rouge meets Mad Max background.
Slipknot's Corey Taylor and Shawn Crahan's Dirty Little Rabbits will both perform their UK debuts on Sonisphere's new Bohemia Stage.
You may also want to watch:
Located between the campsite and the main arena, Bohemia will kick-off on the Thursday afternoon with the main arena acts not starting until Saturday, August 1.
Open to all ticket holders, it will showcase a wealth of alternative talent, as well as numerous other attractions.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 7 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 8 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 9 'This is history!' - 25 facts about the Oasis concerts at Knebworth Park 25 years ago
- 10 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
Originally dreamt up to offer after-hours entertainment, Sonisphere organisers have decided to make the most of the facilities in Bohemia by keeping it open throughout the day, as well as keeping the party going until the early hours of the morning.
The music stage will host a variety of artists, scheduled in order to not conflict musically with the bands on the main stages.
The main attraction will be the two acts spawned from the mighty Slipknot, Shawn Crahan's side project Dirty Little Rabbits and frontman Corey Taylor's first UK solo acoustic appearance.
In addition, The Chapman Family, Dinosaur Pile-Up, Fighting With Wire, Rolo Tomassi and Twin Atlantic will play alongside Attack! Attack! and Cancer Bats, with more acts to be announced.
As well as the musical talent on offer, Lou Saffire will host six hours of comedy across the weekend with some of the hottest names on the circuit.
Festival veterans Gary Delaney, Sean Percival, Sully O'Sullivan, Andrew O'Neil, Craig Campbell, Jason John Whitehead and Markus Birdman will perform alongside comedians with a musical spin, such as Duncan Oakley, Woody Bop Muddy and Ivan Brackenbury.
Metallica and Linkin Park will headline the main stage over the weekend.