Nephew banned from wake at Welwyn Garden City club
A GRIEVING nephew was unable to attend his uncle s wake, after being barred from a club in his youth. Liam Doocey wanted to pay his last respects to his uncle Paddy at the Shamrock Club in WGC. The 22-year-old from Longlands Road, WGC, was banned six yea
A GRIEVING nephew was unable to attend his uncle's wake, after being barred from a club in his youth.
Liam Doocey wanted to pay his last respects to his uncle Paddy at the Shamrock Club in WGC.
The 22-year-old from Longlands Road, WGC, was banned six years earlier when police were called after a glass door was smashed.
Mr Doocey, dad to 16-month-old Preston and step-dad to 11-year-old Troy, said: "It was a long time ago and I've got a family of my own now.
You may also want to watch:
"It was upsetting not to go, the rest of my family was there.
Mr Doocey, who works for Serco's recycling team, added: "The fact I wasn't there to support my dad was hard."
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 5 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 6 Roll up! Roll up! Hatfield goes to the circus!
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 9 Youngsters playing their part as Welwyn Garden City look to continue punching above their weight
- 10 Aspirations to win the league has Ben Spaul excited to be back at Welwyn
Shamrock bar manager David Conroy said the Ridgeway club's committee stood by its decision.
He said: "The young man was banned from the club.
"That is not the sort of person we want here.
"Under the circumstances we couldn't allow him in. It's not personal.