Nearly �6,000 raised at Potters Bar Carnival
A TOTAL of �5,850 raised at the 2010 Potters Bar Carnival has been handed out to local charities.
This year, Morven Guide HQ, in The Causeway, was given �4,000 to help fund its refurbishment.
Elsewhere, the town’s Army Training Corps was presented �500 to improve the IT facility in its refurbished Mutton Lane HQ.
The remaning �1,350 was divided between Hertstoppers Cheerleaders, Friends of Southridge RSPCA, Diabetes UK, Barnet Hospital Radio, Jamboree Scouts, Potters Bar Theatre Company, Dacorum Majorettes, Hertfordshire Scouts and 5th Potters Bar Scouts.
Since 2004 the Committee has given out a total of �40,500 to local organisations.
You may also want to watch:
Organisations who want to put themselves forward for a grant from the 2011 carnival should call Peter or Sue Weaver on 01707 850147 for details on how to apply.
Applications must be with the carnival committee by January 31, 2011.
- 1 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 2 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 3 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 4 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off
- 5 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 6 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 7 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 8 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 9 'We must act now' - villagers in renewed fight to save pub
- 10 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone