Nearly �6,000 raised at Potters Bar Carnival
A TOTAL of �5,850 raised at the 2010 Potters Bar Carnival has been handed out to local charities.
This year, Morven Guide HQ, in The Causeway, was given �4,000 to help fund its refurbishment.
Elsewhere, the town’s Army Training Corps was presented �500 to improve the IT facility in its refurbished Mutton Lane HQ.
The remaning �1,350 was divided between Hertstoppers Cheerleaders, Friends of Southridge RSPCA, Diabetes UK, Barnet Hospital Radio, Jamboree Scouts, Potters Bar Theatre Company, Dacorum Majorettes, Hertfordshire Scouts and 5th Potters Bar Scouts.
Since 2004 the Committee has given out a total of �40,500 to local organisations.
You may also want to watch:
Organisations who want to put themselves forward for a grant from the 2011 carnival should call Peter or Sue Weaver on 01707 850147 for details on how to apply.
Applications must be with the carnival committee by January 31, 2011.
- 1 Film crews spotted in Hatfield and Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 3 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 4 You Me At Six to play headline show at Hatfield's Slam Dunk Festival site
- 5 Sherrardswood School hosts family day event
- 6 Northaw festivals bid rejected after summer of chaos
- 7 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 8 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 9 Campaigners call on BioPark developers to collaborate
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images