National Census creates jobs in Welwyn Hatfield and Hertsmere
MORE than 100 full and part time temporary jobs are being created in Times Territory ahead of next year’s national Census.
The 2011 Census is taking place on March 27, and the Office for National Statistics (ONS) has launched a national recruitment campaign to fill 35,000 jobs across England and Wales, including 65 positions in Welwyn Hatfield and 60 in Hertsmere.
Available roles include census coordinators, who will help to manage local teams, census collectors, who will provide support on the doorstep and special enumerators, who will be responsible for communal housing including care homes, hotels and student halls of residence.
There will be a rolling recruitment process with different closing dates for different roles – details can be found on the jobs website.
Alan Mordey, ONS Area Manager Welwyn Hatfield, said: “The 2011 Census is less than six months away. We need to give people help and support to complete and return the census questionnaire and this means recruiting the right people for this important nationwide project.”
You may also want to watch:
Full application details are available at job centres, or by clicking the link above.
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 3 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 4 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 7 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 8 9 huge shows and music festivals to look forward to in Hertfordshire in 2022
- 9 Welwyn Garden City battle adversity to win at Didcot Town
- 10 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?