Mystery of the stolen merry-go-round
BAFFLED police have asked for help from the public after a huge merry-go-round was stolen.
The bizarre theft took place in a field in Cattlegate Road, Northaw, last week.
The antique-looking wooden hand-turned merry-go-round would not have looked out of place in hit BBC One show Lark Rise to Candleford, but would certainly stand out if seen nowadays.
Although a police spokeswoman said the thieves would have used a “vehicle of some sort” owing to the fairground ride’s size, officers were at a loss to explain how it was loaded on.
The merry-go-round was swiped from where it was being stored between Thursday, February 3 and Monday last week.
You may also want to watch:
Tina Rice, from Hertfordshire Constabulary’s crime service team, said: “This is a highly unusual item to have been stolen and we’re releasing a photo in order to help trace it and return it to its owner.”
She added: “If you believe you have seen this item since it was stolen, or may have been offered it for sale, you are asked to contact police at the earliest opportunity via the non-emergency number 0845 33 00 222.”
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 YMCA overdose victims claim 'neglectful support service' at Welwyn Garden City facility
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
- 5 Bargains for shoppers at exclusive Hatfield Galleria VIP event
- 6 Nearly 30 Insulate Britain protestors arrested this morning
- 7 First Slam Dunk Festival 2022 headliners announced for Hatfield Park
- 8 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 9 Slam Dunk Festival 2022 dates announced for Queen's Platinum Jubilee Bank Holiday weekend
- 10 M25 protesters could face prison after Government secures injunction