My dieting regime is worth the weight!
I M as happy as the proverbial Larry at the moment. And Larry s a pretty slim fella, I can tell you! When I penned my first weight-loss story last month, number one goal was to return to my marathon day 2007 weight of 13st 7lb. As it was over a stone-and-
I'M as happy as the proverbial Larry at the moment. And Larry's a pretty slim fella, I can tell you!
When I penned my first weight-loss story last month, number one goal was to return to my marathon day 2007 weight of 13st 7lb.
As it was over a stone-and-a-half away, never in a million years did I think I would be writing about success so soon.
But in just six weeks I've cleared that first hurdle, having shed 231/2 pounds.
You may also want to watch:
It's a lot of weight to lose, and it's not gone unnoticed - but not always for the right reasons.
My mum, when I told her I had lost nine pounds in week one, asked if I was starving myself.
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 3 Lack of confidence in Welwyn Hatfield council following housing safety scandal
- 4 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 5 Welwyn Garden City's Jodie Williams eases into Olympic 400m semi-final
- 6 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Potters Bar Town delighted with successful return of beer and music festival
- 9 It's coming home! Welwyn Garden City's Commemoration Jug claimed by Reis Suart
- 10 Jodie Williams gunning for gold after barrier-breaking personal best at Tokyo 2020 Olympics
My best friend weighed in to the debate and told me it wasn't healthy to lose so much so quickly.
Certainly food for thought - as the general consensus in diet plans is that you should only be losing a couple of pounds a week.
Worries that I was actually doing myself some damage were starting to weigh on my mind, so I thought I'd check with the experts.
And who better to call than my new best friend herself, Rosemary Conley.
Luckily, it was good news.
She said: "Depending on how much people weigh at the start, people lose varying amounts of weight during their first week of dieting.
"Often a lot of fluid is lost in the first seven days due to the switch from a high-salt, unhealthy diet to a very healthy way of eating.
"Once you settle in to the diet in week three, you will be losing weight at the rate of 2 to 3lbs a week, which is very healthy."
Her words have proved to be spot on - as I've lost 11/2, 4, 2 and 2lbs in the past four weeks.
Rosemary had a few words to say about my exercise regime, too.
"You've also undertaken significantly more exercise than usual which will have hastened the weight loss."
Seems all these 6am alarm calls to hit the gym before work are, indeed, worth it!
# The Rosemary Conley franchise is run in WGC by Lindsey Peters. You can find out more about her classes by calling her on 01707 334229 or email firstname.lastname@example.org