My dieting regime is worth the weight!
I M as happy as the proverbial Larry at the moment. And Larry s a pretty slim fella, I can tell you! When I penned my first weight-loss story last month, number one goal was to return to my marathon day 2007 weight of 13st 7lb. As it was over a stone-and-
I'M as happy as the proverbial Larry at the moment. And Larry's a pretty slim fella, I can tell you!
When I penned my first weight-loss story last month, number one goal was to return to my marathon day 2007 weight of 13st 7lb.
As it was over a stone-and-a-half away, never in a million years did I think I would be writing about success so soon.
But in just six weeks I've cleared that first hurdle, having shed 231/2 pounds.
You may also want to watch:
It's a lot of weight to lose, and it's not gone unnoticed - but not always for the right reasons.
My mum, when I told her I had lost nine pounds in week one, asked if I was starving myself.
- 1 Upgrades to key shopping street will leave town 'well-placed' for future
- 2 Post delayed due to staff self-isolating at Royal Mail
- 3 Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- 4 Three taken to hospital following 'head-on' collision
- 5 Isabel Hospice closed to new admissions due to staff sickness
- 6 Police disperse large group near the university
- 7 Armed police, helicopter and dogs search village after injured man taken to hospital
- 8 More than 15 social housing homes open at £6.7 million development
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 COVID-19: Cases fall by hundreds but still above national average
My best friend weighed in to the debate and told me it wasn't healthy to lose so much so quickly.
Certainly food for thought - as the general consensus in diet plans is that you should only be losing a couple of pounds a week.
Worries that I was actually doing myself some damage were starting to weigh on my mind, so I thought I'd check with the experts.
And who better to call than my new best friend herself, Rosemary Conley.
Luckily, it was good news.
She said: "Depending on how much people weigh at the start, people lose varying amounts of weight during their first week of dieting.
"Often a lot of fluid is lost in the first seven days due to the switch from a high-salt, unhealthy diet to a very healthy way of eating.
"Once you settle in to the diet in week three, you will be losing weight at the rate of 2 to 3lbs a week, which is very healthy."
Her words have proved to be spot on - as I've lost 11/2, 4, 2 and 2lbs in the past four weeks.
Rosemary had a few words to say about my exercise regime, too.
"You've also undertaken significantly more exercise than usual which will have hastened the weight loss."
Seems all these 6am alarm calls to hit the gym before work are, indeed, worth it!
# The Rosemary Conley franchise is run in WGC by Lindsey Peters. You can find out more about her classes by calling her on 01707 334229 or email firstname.lastname@example.org