Musical fundraiser for Welwyn Garden City charity HAD
A MUSICAL fundraiser for Welwyn Garden City-based charity HAD will take place in Lemsford this weekend.
The Jazz Goats make their debut at this year’s Jazz on the Island taking place on Saturday.
The six-piece band will join regulars Bob Thomas and the Thomcats at the annual event, again held in Edna Stephens’ magnificent 13 Lemsford Village garden.
The Jazz Goats’ musical influences are diverse, taking in Ella and Louis and Latin bossa nova.
“Our repertoire is governed by a one simple rule – we have to like a number and be able to perform it in our style or put a twist on it,” said keyboard player Ben Sherwood.
You may also want to watch:
The music starts at 7.30pm and tickets are �10 in advance or you can get in at the door for �12. More details from Edna on 01707 321802 and don’t forget your picnic!
- 1 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 2 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 5 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 6 Six-year-old to raise money for Afghan refugees with readathon
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 9 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 10 Paedophile jailed for historic child sex offences