Music starts at first Sonisphere Festival at Knebworth
THE long wait is over! The inaugural Sonisphere Festival has begun at Knebworth Park. SOiL kicked off proceedings on the main stages at noon today (Saturday). Playing the first slot at a festival is no easy task, but frontman AJ Cavalier soon got into the
THE long wait is over! The inaugural Sonisphere Festival has begun at Knebworth Park.
SOiL kicked off proceedings on the main stages at noon today (Saturday).
Playing the first slot at a festival is no easy task, but frontman AJ Cavalier soon got into the spirit of things by jumping into the crowd.
The American metal band were first on the smaller Saturn stage, with Alien Ant Farm opening on the massive Apollo stage at the other end of the Knebworth arena just over half an hour later.
You may also want to watch:
Acts are alternating on the two main outdoor stages to ensure rock fans don't miss any of the metal action.
Also playing later today are The Used, Airbourne and Bullet for My Valentine on the Saturn stage and Anthrax, Coheed and Cambria, Heaven & Hell and headliners Linkin Park on Apollo.
- 1 May 17: Pub ready for reopening after £440k refurbishment
- 2 May 17: What can open when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday?
- 3 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Social club 'blown away' by community support while closed for extended period
- 6 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 7 Search continues for missing Stevenage man
- 8 Supermarket evacuated and fire services called following ‘strong smell of gas’
- 9 Drugs worth £50,000 found in van pulled over for fly-tipping
- 10 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
Tomorrow (Sunday) the likes of Saxon, Feeder, Killing Joke, Alice In Chains, Lamb of God, Avenged Sevenfold, Limp Bizkit, Nine Inch Nails and headliners Metallica will take to the stage in front of an estimated 45,000 rock fans.
The Welwyn & Hatfield Times will be there, so check our website - www.whtimes24.co.uk - on Monday for photos from the event.
If you are going too, share your experiences of the inaugural Sonisphere Festival at Knebworth and send us your thoughts on the event and email your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org