Mum’s the word for Welwyn Hatfield’s Race for Life
WITH Mother’s Day nearly here, Cancer Research UK has the perfect way for women in Welwyn Hatfield to show how much they care – by entering Race for Life with their mums.
Signing up to Race for Life offers the ideal solution to the annual gift dilemma and gives the unique opportunity to help beat cancer.
And organisers guarantee the feelgood factor that comes from taking part in the 5k event – whether you walk, jog or run – will last far longer than the traditional gifts of chocolates and flowers.
Race for Life is the country’s largest women-only fundraising event series where all the money raised goes to fund Cancer Research UK’s life-saving work.
Once again the Welwyn Hatfield run will take place at Stanborough Park in WGC – on Sunday, June 6.
You may also want to watch:
Event manager Gemma Cookham said: “Mother’s Day is the perfect opportunity to show your mum how much you care. By securing places to take part in Race for Life, you will able to cherish time spent fundraising, training and taking part together.
“Race for Life in Welwyn Hatfield has an unforgettable atmosphere with local women of all ages, shapes, sizes and fitness abilities coming together to make a positive difference to the lives of people touched by cancer.
- 1 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 2 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 5 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 6 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 7 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk
- 8 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 9 Everyone invited to Hatfield rail tragedy remembrance service
- 10 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
“They motivate and inspire each other to complete the 5k, with many simply walking round, chatting and having fun.”
Gemma added: “One-in-three people in the UK will be diagnosed with cancer at some stage in their lives.
“But the good news is that more people are beating the disease than ever before.
“Cancer Research UK’s work is at the heart of that progress.
“By helping to raise money through Race for Life, our supporters are turning hope into reality.”
Last year, more than 2,600 women took part in the Stanborough Park event, raising �189,000 in the process.
And this year organisers hope 3,000 will sign up to the challenge, and help set a fundraising record.
* To enter, call 0871 641 1111 or click on the link above.