Mr Benn backs Willow Foundation
AS if by magic, Bob Wilson appeared! The dapper-looking Willow Foundation co-founder joined Mr Benn to back a new fundraising drive. A series of charity pin badges featuring the popular 1980s cartoon character have gone on sale at branches of Barclays B
AS if by magic, Bob Wilson appeared!
The dapper-looking Willow Foundation co-founder joined Mr Benn to back a new fundraising drive.
A series of charity pin badges featuring the popular 1980s cartoon character have gone on 'sale' at branches of Barclays Bank.
Between now and April 20, customers can pick up one or all of the set of four badges in exchange for a donation to Willow.
You may also want to watch:
In case you need reminding - or never watched the cartoon - Mr Benn would visit the fancy dress shop, change into a costume and go off on an adventure - a 'special day'.
And 'special days' are exactly what the Old Hatfield-based Willow Foundation provides, for seriously-ill young adults.
- 1 Driving scheme for 10 to 17 year olds launches in Hatfield
- 2 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 5 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 6 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 7 Tributes to 'fearless and magnificent' former Queenswood School pupil and Peaky Blinders star Helen McCrory
- 8 Fantastic florist and art gallery opens in Hatfield following lockdown easing
- 9 Local COVID-19 contact tracing service now up and running
- 10 School donates textbooks to help communities in Kenya
Bob said: "We're sure Mr Benn will do the charity proud and want to encourage everyone to pick up a badge or two at their local Barclays Bank in support of the Willow Foundation.