Mr Benn backs Willow Foundation
AS if by magic, Bob Wilson appeared! The dapper-looking Willow Foundation co-founder joined Mr Benn to back a new fundraising drive. A series of charity pin badges featuring the popular 1980s cartoon character have gone on sale at branches of Barclays B
AS if by magic, Bob Wilson appeared!
The dapper-looking Willow Foundation co-founder joined Mr Benn to back a new fundraising drive.
A series of charity pin badges featuring the popular 1980s cartoon character have gone on 'sale' at branches of Barclays Bank.
Between now and April 20, customers can pick up one or all of the set of four badges in exchange for a donation to Willow.
In case you need reminding - or never watched the cartoon - Mr Benn would visit the fancy dress shop, change into a costume and go off on an adventure - a 'special day'.
And 'special days' are exactly what the Old Hatfield-based Willow Foundation provides, for seriously-ill young adults.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Campaigners close in on fundraising target ahead BioPark appeal
- 3 Uni of Herts student loses arm on Turkish holiday
- 4 Multi-vehicle crash on M25 near Potters Bar
- 5 Head injury follows taxi assault in Potters Bar
- 6 Hatfield tenant upset over housing issue that has yet to be rectified after a year
- 7 Concerns raised over ‘grotesque’ 5G mast plans ruining iconic WGC view
- 8 IN PICTURES: The return of Kimpton Folk Festival
- 9 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 10 Potters Bar RSPCA looking for new homes for farm animals
Bob said: "We're sure Mr Benn will do the charity proud and want to encourage everyone to pick up a badge or two at their local Barclays Bank in support of the Willow Foundation.