Mr Benn backs Willow Foundation
AS if by magic, Bob Wilson appeared! The dapper-looking Willow Foundation co-founder joined Mr Benn to back a new fundraising drive. A series of charity pin badges featuring the popular 1980s cartoon character have gone on sale at branches of Barclays B
AS if by magic, Bob Wilson appeared!
The dapper-looking Willow Foundation co-founder joined Mr Benn to back a new fundraising drive.
A series of charity pin badges featuring the popular 1980s cartoon character have gone on 'sale' at branches of Barclays Bank.
Between now and April 20, customers can pick up one or all of the set of four badges in exchange for a donation to Willow.
You may also want to watch:
In case you need reminding - or never watched the cartoon - Mr Benn would visit the fancy dress shop, change into a costume and go off on an adventure - a 'special day'.
And 'special days' are exactly what the Old Hatfield-based Willow Foundation provides, for seriously-ill young adults.
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 3 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 5 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 6 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 7 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 8 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 9 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
- 10 New car park proposed for park
Bob said: "We're sure Mr Benn will do the charity proud and want to encourage everyone to pick up a badge or two at their local Barclays Bank in support of the Willow Foundation.