MPs' expenses: Tory politician says 'I've nothing to hide'
NORTH East Herts Tory MP Oliver Heald is confident he will not attract media interest when it comes to his expenses being made public. 'I don t think mine will attract national newspaper coverage,' said Mr Heald, whose constituency includes the Times
NORTH East Herts Tory MP Oliver Heald is confident he will not attract media interest when it comes to his expenses being made public.
"I don't think mine will attract national newspaper coverage," said Mr Heald, whose constituency includes the Times Territory villages of Watton-at-Stone, Datchworth and Tewin.
"I believe the system is rotten to the core and in need of reform.
"I believe the current system needs a complete overhaul and I support the wide-ranging review now being undertaken by the committee on Standards in Public Life."
You may also want to watch:
He said he claims Additional Costs' Allowance to pay for accommodation in London. He claims allowance for mortgage interest and for household costs.
Mr Heald added: "I have never had a flat screen TV. I have never 'flipped' my main home designation. I did pay capital gains tax on moving in 2003.
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 3 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 6 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 7 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 8 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 9 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 10 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man