MPs' expenses: Tory politician says 'I've nothing to hide'
NORTH East Herts Tory MP Oliver Heald is confident he will not attract media interest when it comes to his expenses being made public. 'I don t think mine will attract national newspaper coverage,' said Mr Heald, whose constituency includes the Times
NORTH East Herts Tory MP Oliver Heald is confident he will not attract media interest when it comes to his expenses being made public.
"I don't think mine will attract national newspaper coverage," said Mr Heald, whose constituency includes the Times Territory villages of Watton-at-Stone, Datchworth and Tewin.
"I believe the system is rotten to the core and in need of reform.
"I believe the current system needs a complete overhaul and I support the wide-ranging review now being undertaken by the committee on Standards in Public Life."
You may also want to watch:
He said he claims Additional Costs' Allowance to pay for accommodation in London. He claims allowance for mortgage interest and for household costs.
Mr Heald added: "I have never had a flat screen TV. I have never 'flipped' my main home designation. I did pay capital gains tax on moving in 2003.
- 1 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 2 University of Hertfordshire hit by cyber attack
- 3 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 4 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 5 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
- 6 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 7 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 10 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield