MPs' expenses: Tory politician says 'I've nothing to hide'
NORTH East Herts Tory MP Oliver Heald is confident he will not attract media interest when it comes to his expenses being made public. 'I don t think mine will attract national newspaper coverage,' said Mr Heald, whose constituency includes the Times
NORTH East Herts Tory MP Oliver Heald is confident he will not attract media interest when it comes to his expenses being made public.
"I don't think mine will attract national newspaper coverage," said Mr Heald, whose constituency includes the Times Territory villages of Watton-at-Stone, Datchworth and Tewin.
"I believe the system is rotten to the core and in need of reform.
"I believe the current system needs a complete overhaul and I support the wide-ranging review now being undertaken by the committee on Standards in Public Life."
You may also want to watch:
He said he claims Additional Costs' Allowance to pay for accommodation in London. He claims allowance for mortgage interest and for household costs.
Mr Heald added: "I have never had a flat screen TV. I have never 'flipped' my main home designation. I did pay capital gains tax on moving in 2003.
- 1 Body found in search for missing woman as two men charged with murder
- 2 Tributes paid to Arsenal fan who died of COVID-19 'caught at Euros final'
- 3 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 4 New ITV teen drama Tell Me Everything being filmed in Welwyn Garden City
- 5 Campus West car park planning application submitted
- 6 Lack of confidence in Welwyn Hatfield council following housing safety scandal
- 7 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 10 Spotting the signs: a personal insight into suicide