MP Lembit Opik's delight as Potters Bar firm saves jobs in Wales
TWELVE jobs have been saved after a Potters Bar manufacturing company bailed out a failing Welsh firm. Dawson Shanahan, which is based in Cranborne Industrial Estate, has purchased alloy manufacturer FloForm, which went into administration in February. At
TWELVE jobs have been saved after a Potters Bar manufacturing company bailed out a failing Welsh firm.
Dawson Shanahan, which is based in Cranborne Industrial Estate, has purchased alloy manufacturer FloForm, which went into administration in February.
At the time, 80 jobs were lost but, following this month's takeover, a dozen posts will be reinstated at the company's plant in Welshpool, Montgomeryshire.
Production at the site, which will now manufacture injector sleeves for diesel engines, is expected to resume shortly, and it is hoped a further 12 jobs could be created within the next 18 months.
You may also want to watch:
Les Reeves, joint managing director of Dawson Shanahan, said: "Although the initial thoughts were to move the plant and machinery to our Potters Bar headquarters, on meeting with the FloForm employees it quickly became apparent that they possessed skills, expertise and enthusiasm we could not expect to find elsewhere.
"In addition to this, those who have worked for FloForm have been with them for many years, have a real loyalty to the company and share our determination to make this new venture a success."
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 5 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 9 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 10 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
Montgomeryshire MP Lembit Opik welcomed Dawson Shanahan to his constituency, and said he hoped to build a "positive" working relationship with the company.
"This is the first good news on the jobs front we have had in a long time for the Welshpool area," he told the Potters Bar Edition.
"I aim to meet them and talk about their plans and also offer my services in any way I can to help expand the business."
He added: "This may not amount to the green shoots of recovery but, for Floform at least, it has stopped raining.