MP Follett drops in on Knebworth neighbours
STATELY Knebworth House opened its doors to a VIP neighbour – Stevenage MP, Barbara Follett, who lives in the village. She was there to mark British Tourism Week. Ms Follett joined in the action at Knebworth House and tried her luck in the Tudor Treasure
STATELY Knebworth House opened its doors to a VIP neighbour - Stevenage MP, Barbara Follett, who lives in the village.
She was there to mark British Tourism Week.
Ms Follett joined in the action at Knebworth House and tried her luck in the Tudor Treasure Trail with a group of local schoolchildren.
She was greeted on the day by Martha Lytton Cobbold, managing director of Lytton Enterprises and Nick Way, director general of the Historic Houses Association.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Follett said: "Knebworth House is just one of the incredible historical attractions that bring people to Britain from far and wide.
"Tourism is an essential part of the country's economy and vibrancy and I am proud to support British Tourism Week."
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 3 Documentary will delve into former palace turned home for WWII children
- 4 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 5 Man in hospital after being trapped in car following A1(M) crash
- 6 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 7 County council offices could be sold off or leased in part
- 8 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 9 Welwyn Garden City's Sam Caiger returns for West Ham ready to put injury woes behind him
- 10 This week's pick of the movies made in Herts on TV
British Tourism Week is now in its third year.
It aims to raise national and international awareness of the size, value and importance of Britain's �86 billion visitor economy.
Ms Follett visits tourist attractions across the UK in her role as tourism minister at the Department for Culture Media and Sport.