MP Follett drops in on Knebworth neighbours
STATELY Knebworth House opened its doors to a VIP neighbour – Stevenage MP, Barbara Follett, who lives in the village. She was there to mark British Tourism Week. Ms Follett joined in the action at Knebworth House and tried her luck in the Tudor Treasure
STATELY Knebworth House opened its doors to a VIP neighbour - Stevenage MP, Barbara Follett, who lives in the village.
She was there to mark British Tourism Week.
Ms Follett joined in the action at Knebworth House and tried her luck in the Tudor Treasure Trail with a group of local schoolchildren.
She was greeted on the day by Martha Lytton Cobbold, managing director of Lytton Enterprises and Nick Way, director general of the Historic Houses Association.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Follett said: "Knebworth House is just one of the incredible historical attractions that bring people to Britain from far and wide.
"Tourism is an essential part of the country's economy and vibrancy and I am proud to support British Tourism Week."
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 3 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 4 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 5 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 6 Isabel Hospice 'excited' to reopen charity shops on April 12
- 7 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 8 Welwyn Garden City John Lewis survives as retailer announces closures
- 9 From 'the worst zoo in the UK' to popular attraction: Looking back on Paradise Wildlife Park's 37 years
- 10 Rogue landlord hit with record £90,000 fine for safety failings
British Tourism Week is now in its third year.
It aims to raise national and international awareness of the size, value and importance of Britain's �86 billion visitor economy.
Ms Follett visits tourist attractions across the UK in her role as tourism minister at the Department for Culture Media and Sport.