Motor racing brothers get into gear
ESSENDON-based motor racing brothers Liam and Kieran Griffin are making a full- scale assault on the Volkswagen Racing Cup this season. The siblings took up motor sport only last term, but have already established themselves as front-runners in the champi
ESSENDON-based motor racing brothers Liam and Kieran Griffin are making a full-
scale assault on the Volkswagen Racing Cup this season.
The siblings took up motor sport only last term, but have already established themselves as front-runners in the championship.
For his 2009 campaign, 36-year-old Liam has introduced the Scirocco Coupe to the series.
You may also want to watch:
The 2-litre turbocharged racer has been honed during winter testing into one of the quickest cars on the grid.
Liam demonstrated the new car's potential at the opening meeting of the season, at Oulton Park in Cheshire, where he claimed pole position in qualifying.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 5 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 6 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 7 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Report shows staggering increase in fly-tipping across Herts over past year
- 10 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
Alas for Griffin, accidents in both of the Oulton races put paid to his hopes of a winning start.
Brother Kieran, 38, fared rather better at the wheel of Liam's old mount, a Golf GTI.
Though he failed to finish race one after starting 10th on the grid, Kieran gave a strong performance in round two, coming from the back to take 11th place.
The brothers are backed by Addison Lee, Citygate Volkswagen and Pillar Data Systems.
They will be in action on May 31 at the Rockingham circuit in Northamptonshire.