Motor racing brothers get into gear
ESSENDON-based motor racing brothers Liam and Kieran Griffin are making a full- scale assault on the Volkswagen Racing Cup this season. The siblings took up motor sport only last term, but have already established themselves as front-runners in the champi
ESSENDON-based motor racing brothers Liam and Kieran Griffin are making a full-
scale assault on the Volkswagen Racing Cup this season.
The siblings took up motor sport only last term, but have already established themselves as front-runners in the championship.
For his 2009 campaign, 36-year-old Liam has introduced the Scirocco Coupe to the series.
You may also want to watch:
The 2-litre turbocharged racer has been honed during winter testing into one of the quickest cars on the grid.
Liam demonstrated the new car's potential at the opening meeting of the season, at Oulton Park in Cheshire, where he claimed pole position in qualifying.
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 3 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 4 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 7 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 8 Welwyn Garden City battle adversity to win at Didcot Town
- 9 9 huge shows and music festivals to look forward to in Hertfordshire in 2022
- 10 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
Alas for Griffin, accidents in both of the Oulton races put paid to his hopes of a winning start.
Brother Kieran, 38, fared rather better at the wheel of Liam's old mount, a Golf GTI.
Though he failed to finish race one after starting 10th on the grid, Kieran gave a strong performance in round two, coming from the back to take 11th place.
The brothers are backed by Addison Lee, Citygate Volkswagen and Pillar Data Systems.
They will be in action on May 31 at the Rockingham circuit in Northamptonshire.