Mother’s Day ideas with Virgin Experiences
WITH Mother’s Day fast approaching it’s not always easy to think of something different to mark that special occasion.
Well here’s one idea that I for one know my mum would love – A Design Your Own Perfume session.
Now available in WGC, the treat can be purchased from Virgin Experience Days and is presented by The Perfume Studio.
You could buy a voucher as a Mother’s Day gift or better still create that real mother-daughter moment and both go along.
The session, which lasts for between one and two hours, is really enjoyable.
You may also want to watch:
I met with Perfume Studio consultant Suzanne Newman this week who helped me create my perfect scent.
She explained a similar one-to-one service at Harrods could cost thousands and this was a great personal treat.
- 1 May 17: Pub ready for reopening after £440k refurbishment
- 2 Social club 'blown away' by community support while closed for extended period
- 3 Search continues for missing Stevenage man
- 4 May 17: What can open when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday?
- 5 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 8 Top gear! Supercars drive into Knebworth for Petrolheadonism event
- 9 May 17th: Uno prepares to welcome more passengers on buses
- 10 Supermarket evacuated and fire services called following ‘strong smell of gas’
I was a bit nervous, I really wanted to create the “perfect” perfume but was worried I would get it wrong.
Suzanne explained people were often a bit daunted but it was her job to help. There were 18 different blends, a range of top, middle and base notes.
Suzanne said: “It’s really about what you like and what you don’t.
“The top notes are the opening of the fragrance, the middle is the heart and the base notes are the memory.
“Base notes last until they are washed off, but top notes fade after one or two hours.”
I created a scent with six different blends, but the possibilities are endless. You could spot one scent that you simply must have or you could have all 18 if it takes your fancy.
Suzanne then expertly mixed the different parfums to create my fragrance – which I also got to name, which as I write this seems pretty apt.
I chose Deadline.
Included in the experience is a gift boxed 20ml perfume atomiser containing your bespoke fragrance to take away.
For a gift just for your mum the price is �49 or for you both its �95.
? For more information visit www.virginexperiencedays.co.uk