Mother’s Day ideas with Virgin Experiences
WITH Mother’s Day fast approaching it’s not always easy to think of something different to mark that special occasion.
Well here’s one idea that I for one know my mum would love – A Design Your Own Perfume session.
Now available in WGC, the treat can be purchased from Virgin Experience Days and is presented by The Perfume Studio.
You could buy a voucher as a Mother’s Day gift or better still create that real mother-daughter moment and both go along.
The session, which lasts for between one and two hours, is really enjoyable.
You may also want to watch:
I met with Perfume Studio consultant Suzanne Newman this week who helped me create my perfect scent.
She explained a similar one-to-one service at Harrods could cost thousands and this was a great personal treat.
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 3 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 4 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 7 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 8 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 9 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 10 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
I was a bit nervous, I really wanted to create the “perfect” perfume but was worried I would get it wrong.
Suzanne explained people were often a bit daunted but it was her job to help. There were 18 different blends, a range of top, middle and base notes.
Suzanne said: “It’s really about what you like and what you don’t.
“The top notes are the opening of the fragrance, the middle is the heart and the base notes are the memory.
“Base notes last until they are washed off, but top notes fade after one or two hours.”
I created a scent with six different blends, but the possibilities are endless. You could spot one scent that you simply must have or you could have all 18 if it takes your fancy.
Suzanne then expertly mixed the different parfums to create my fragrance – which I also got to name, which as I write this seems pretty apt.
I chose Deadline.
Included in the experience is a gift boxed 20ml perfume atomiser containing your bespoke fragrance to take away.
For a gift just for your mum the price is �49 or for you both its �95.
? For more information visit www.virginexperiencedays.co.uk