Mother’s Day ideas with Virgin Experiences
WITH Mother’s Day fast approaching it’s not always easy to think of something different to mark that special occasion.
Well here’s one idea that I for one know my mum would love – A Design Your Own Perfume session.
Now available in WGC, the treat can be purchased from Virgin Experience Days and is presented by The Perfume Studio.
You could buy a voucher as a Mother’s Day gift or better still create that real mother-daughter moment and both go along.
The session, which lasts for between one and two hours, is really enjoyable.
You may also want to watch:
I met with Perfume Studio consultant Suzanne Newman this week who helped me create my perfect scent.
She explained a similar one-to-one service at Harrods could cost thousands and this was a great personal treat.
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 Welwyn nursery manager meets Boris Johnson at Downing Street reception
- 5 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 6 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 7 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 8 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
- 9 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 10 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
I was a bit nervous, I really wanted to create the “perfect” perfume but was worried I would get it wrong.
Suzanne explained people were often a bit daunted but it was her job to help. There were 18 different blends, a range of top, middle and base notes.
Suzanne said: “It’s really about what you like and what you don’t.
“The top notes are the opening of the fragrance, the middle is the heart and the base notes are the memory.
“Base notes last until they are washed off, but top notes fade after one or two hours.”
I created a scent with six different blends, but the possibilities are endless. You could spot one scent that you simply must have or you could have all 18 if it takes your fancy.
Suzanne then expertly mixed the different parfums to create my fragrance – which I also got to name, which as I write this seems pretty apt.
I chose Deadline.
Included in the experience is a gift boxed 20ml perfume atomiser containing your bespoke fragrance to take away.
For a gift just for your mum the price is �49 or for you both its �95.
? For more information visit www.virginexperiencedays.co.uk