Mother’s Day ideas with Virgin Experiences
WITH Mother’s Day fast approaching it’s not always easy to think of something different to mark that special occasion.
Well here’s one idea that I for one know my mum would love – A Design Your Own Perfume session.
Now available in WGC, the treat can be purchased from Virgin Experience Days and is presented by The Perfume Studio.
You could buy a voucher as a Mother’s Day gift or better still create that real mother-daughter moment and both go along.
The session, which lasts for between one and two hours, is really enjoyable.
You may also want to watch:
I met with Perfume Studio consultant Suzanne Newman this week who helped me create my perfect scent.
She explained a similar one-to-one service at Harrods could cost thousands and this was a great personal treat.
- 1 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 2 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 3 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 4 Documentary will delve into former palace turned home for WWII children
- 5 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 6 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?
- 7 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 10 This week's pick of the movies made in Herts on TV
I was a bit nervous, I really wanted to create the “perfect” perfume but was worried I would get it wrong.
Suzanne explained people were often a bit daunted but it was her job to help. There were 18 different blends, a range of top, middle and base notes.
Suzanne said: “It’s really about what you like and what you don’t.
“The top notes are the opening of the fragrance, the middle is the heart and the base notes are the memory.
“Base notes last until they are washed off, but top notes fade after one or two hours.”
I created a scent with six different blends, but the possibilities are endless. You could spot one scent that you simply must have or you could have all 18 if it takes your fancy.
Suzanne then expertly mixed the different parfums to create my fragrance – which I also got to name, which as I write this seems pretty apt.
I chose Deadline.
Included in the experience is a gift boxed 20ml perfume atomiser containing your bespoke fragrance to take away.
For a gift just for your mum the price is �49 or for you both its �95.
? For more information visit www.virginexperiencedays.co.uk