MOT centre opens at Welwyn Garden City garage
TRYING to find a good, honest mechanic can sometimes prove tricky.
So motorists in Times Territory will be pleased to learn that an expanding WGC garage has just been acknowledged for its quality of service with a national industry-recognised certification.
In the same week the firm unveiled its new MOT test centre, JN Tyres Autocare, the town’s oldest garage service, has become the first in the town to be recognised under the Good Garage Scheme, a national online database which only lists mechanics that have met a strict criteria.
JN Tyres owner Alistair Turner said: “We’ve known for a long time that we’re very good at what we do, but this gives us industry recognition.”
Since taking over the 51-year-old garage four years ago, Alistair has introduced a number of new services and customer incentives, including a van-hire service and a prize draw to win a new car.
You may also want to watch:
His latest development has taken a year to build, and includes a viewing bay complete with a shop selling the latest car cleaning and customising products.
“We’re trying to develop a brand in the area,” said Alistair.
- 1 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 2 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 5 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 6 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 7 Foundation makes much-needed toy donation to Welwyn Garden City school
- 8 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 9 Skills the way forward for Hertfordshire’s Covid recovery as new strategy launched
- 10 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
“It’s where people can not only get their car serviced and MOT tested, but also buy accessories for their car, from alloy wheels, car cleaning products, wipers, LED lights – anything you need to style your car.
“It’s come at the right time – you can pop in now and buy all your Christmas shopping as well!”
Tim Dean, regional manager of the Good Garage Scheme, said: “We’re immensely proud to be associated with JN Tyres Autocare, who will be our first scheme member in WGC.
“Our principle is to provide motorists with good independent garages, who will provide a service they can trust – JN Tyres fulfils that criteria.”
For more information about JN Tyres, based in Swallow End, off Swallowfields, call 01707 329181.