Welwyn Garden City’s Morrisons announces a 3-course Christmas dinner for less than a tenner
- Credit: Archant
Morrisons Welwyn Garden City is opening its café to Christmas party groups of up to 20 – offering £7.50 a head for a 3-course meal.
The Christmas meal deal has been created in response to new research which shows that 70 per cent of UK workers expect cut backs to their work parties this Christmas because of tough trading conditions, economic uncertainty and fragile confidence.
Tables for up to 20 can be booked at the Black Fan Road store now for Monday November 25 to Monday December 23.
The Morrisons Christmas meal deal starts from £6.50 a head for a 2-course meal or £7.50 a head for the full 3-courses. In a touch of festive generosity, Morrisons is serving all Christmas dinners with roast and mashed potato. Vegetarian and vegan options are also available.
Helen Tordoff, head of cafes at Morrisons said: "Some small businesses have had a tough year so we have created the best Christmas meal for those on a budget.
You may also want to watch:
"As our cafés regularly host group meet ups, we thought we'd extend the invite to local companies so they can save some Christmas costs."
The two-course for £6.50 or 3-course for £7.50, menu includes:
- 1 Gallery: Snow gives Welwyn Hatfield residents much-needed fun in lockdown
- 2 Man in hospital after being trapped in car following A1(M) crash
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 New welcome signs arrive at railway station
- 5 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 6 Police warn FIFA Tournament 'not a reason to break the current COVID rules' and issue fines
- 7 Documentary will delve into former palace turned home for WWII children
- 8 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 9 Welwyn Garden City's Sam Caiger returns for West Ham ready to put injury woes behind him
- 10 Even more pics of fun in the snow in Welwyn Hatfield
· Fresh soup: Fresh soup served with a freshly baked bap.
· Pate and Melba Toast: Brussels pâté served with balsamic onion chutney, salad and melba toast.
· Prawn cocktail: Prawn cocktail served with salad and brown bread.
· Christmas turkey lunch: Turkey, roast potatoes, mash, carrots, Brussels sprouts, stuffing, yorkshire pudding, pig in blanket, gravy and cranberry sauce.
· Mushroom Wellington: Mushroom Wellington served with golden roast potatoes, Brussels sprouts, carrots and drizzled with gravy.
· Salmon with hollandaise: Salmon fillet topped with hollandaise sauce. Served with baby potatoes and peas.
· Christmas pudding: Christmas pudding served with brandy sauce or custard.
· Kelly's ice cream: Chocolate or Strawberry.
To book a table please visit the Morrisons Welwyn Garden City store and ask for the Café Manager or Community Champion. For more information, visit: morrisons.co.uk