More travellers pitches for Potters Bar
PLANS to provide extra travellers pitches in Hertsmere have been given the green light by a top Government minister. Communities secretary Hazel Blears had been considering proposals from the East of England Regional Assembly (EERA) to increase the numbe
PLANS to provide extra travellers' pitches in Hertsmere have been given the green light by a top Government minister.
Communities secretary Hazel Blears had been considering proposals from the East of England Regional Assembly (EERA) to increase the number of traveller pitches across Hertfordshire.
And the minister has now decided to accept the assembly's recommendation that the Hertsmere should contribute an additional 18 pitches by 2011.
Six of these pitches are set to be provided at the Pylon Site, in Barnet Road, Potters Bar.
You may also want to watch:
A decision has yet to be taken as to the location of the other 12.
Borough councillor Hannah David, planning portfolio holder, said: "We accept that we must play our part in providing accommodation needs for gypsy and traveller communities in Hertsmere and feel that providing 18 pitches by 2011 is sufficient.
- 1 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 2 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Welwyn Garden City school raises nearly £1,000 for Isabel Hospice with annual 'Charity Day'
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 7 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 8 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 9 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 10 Graduate to create original African sci-fi series for Disney+
"We have already granted planning permission for six of the 18 pitches and are looking at where the others pitches could go."
She added: "No decisions have been made yet and we will carry out full consultation before anything is decided."
Ms Blears' review of EERA's plans is subject to public consultation until May 22.
To have your say go to www.goe-consult.limehouse.co.uk/portal or call 01223 372772.