More travellers pitches for Potters Bar
PLANS to provide extra travellers pitches in Hertsmere have been given the green light by a top Government minister. Communities secretary Hazel Blears had been considering proposals from the East of England Regional Assembly (EERA) to increase the numbe
PLANS to provide extra travellers' pitches in Hertsmere have been given the green light by a top Government minister.
Communities secretary Hazel Blears had been considering proposals from the East of England Regional Assembly (EERA) to increase the number of traveller pitches across Hertfordshire.
And the minister has now decided to accept the assembly's recommendation that the Hertsmere should contribute an additional 18 pitches by 2011.
Six of these pitches are set to be provided at the Pylon Site, in Barnet Road, Potters Bar.
You may also want to watch:
A decision has yet to be taken as to the location of the other 12.
Borough councillor Hannah David, planning portfolio holder, said: "We accept that we must play our part in providing accommodation needs for gypsy and traveller communities in Hertsmere and feel that providing 18 pitches by 2011 is sufficient.
- 1 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 2 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 3 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 4 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 5 University of Hertfordshire hit by cyber attack
- 6 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
- 9 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 10 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
"We have already granted planning permission for six of the 18 pitches and are looking at where the others pitches could go."
She added: "No decisions have been made yet and we will carry out full consultation before anything is decided."
Ms Blears' review of EERA's plans is subject to public consultation until May 22.
To have your say go to www.goe-consult.limehouse.co.uk/portal or call 01223 372772.