More travellers pitches for Potters Bar
PLANS to provide extra travellers pitches in Hertsmere have been given the green light by a top Government minister. Communities secretary Hazel Blears had been considering proposals from the East of England Regional Assembly (EERA) to increase the numbe
PLANS to provide extra travellers' pitches in Hertsmere have been given the green light by a top Government minister.
Communities secretary Hazel Blears had been considering proposals from the East of England Regional Assembly (EERA) to increase the number of traveller pitches across Hertfordshire.
And the minister has now decided to accept the assembly's recommendation that the Hertsmere should contribute an additional 18 pitches by 2011.
Six of these pitches are set to be provided at the Pylon Site, in Barnet Road, Potters Bar.
You may also want to watch:
A decision has yet to be taken as to the location of the other 12.
Borough councillor Hannah David, planning portfolio holder, said: "We accept that we must play our part in providing accommodation needs for gypsy and traveller communities in Hertsmere and feel that providing 18 pitches by 2011 is sufficient.
- 1 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 2 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 3 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 4 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk
- 8 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 9 9 huge shows and music festivals to look forward to in Hertfordshire in 2022
- 10 Welwyn Garden City battle adversity to win at Didcot Town
"We have already granted planning permission for six of the 18 pitches and are looking at where the others pitches could go."
She added: "No decisions have been made yet and we will carry out full consultation before anything is decided."
Ms Blears' review of EERA's plans is subject to public consultation until May 22.
To have your say go to www.goe-consult.limehouse.co.uk/portal or call 01223 372772.