More Sonisphere 2011 surprises in store for Knebworth festival-goers
ORGANISERS of this summer’s Sonisphere 2011 Festival are lining up a few more surprises for rock fans at Knebworth House.
After revealing what was supposed to be the final batch of bands for the UK leg of Sonisphere, promoters have managed to squeeze in another five slots to bring even more music to Knebworth, as well as six DJ sets to deliver raging after-hours parties.
Japanese Voyeurs, Turbogeist, No Americana, Lower Than Atlantis and You And What Army have all been added to the biggest and best rock and metal line-up of the summer.
But Knebworth festival-goers can expect more entertainment to be revealed before the gates to the July spectacular open at Knebworth Park.
A statement from organisers said: “Although Sonisphere is now crammed full of fantastic acts, organisers may still find room for a couple more surprises – watch this space!”
You may also want to watch:
In Bohemia, two more slots have already been made available on the Friday for grunge revivalists Japanese Voyeurs and post hardcore punkers Lower Than Atlantis.
The Jagermeister Stage makes room for Britrock flavoured power-popsters No Americana and latter day alt-rock grunge kids Turbogeist on the Saturday and Sunday respectively.
- 1 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 2 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 5 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 6 Six-year-old to raise money for Afghan refugees with readathon
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 9 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 10 Liam Gallagher sells out his two Knebworth Park 2022 shows
Over on the Red Bull Bedroom Jam stage, rap-rock ravers You And What Army squeeze in on the Saturday.
This year’s festival, which takes place at the Hertfordshire stately home from Friday, July 8 to Sunday, July 10, will be compered by BBC Radio One Rock Show DJ Daniel P Carter and XFM Drivetime and Rock Show presenter Ian Camfield.
There will also be DJ sets from A1 Bassline, Fold aka Rob Glasset, Tek-One, Innerpartysystem, Stan SB and Alfie.