More Sonisphere 2011 festival day tickets made available for Knebworth
EXTRA day tickets for the Sonisphere rock festival at Knebworth House next month have gone on sale.
Organisers have increased capacity at the Hertfordshire stately home to enable more festival-goers to enjoy the event running from Friday, July 8 to Sunday, July 10.
A statement released by promoters said: “After a fantastic response to the day ticket ‘Power Ballot’ scheme launched by organisers last month, Sonisphere Festival has successfully applied for increased capacity for the 2011 event at Knebworth, and has received approval to release more tickets.”
Due to space restrictions on the campsite, the increased capacity does not allow for additional weekend/camping tickets to be made available, but an extra allocation of single day tickets are on sale now.
Day tickets are priced at �80 plus booking fee and are available from the Sonisphere website – see link above right.
You may also want to watch:
Organisers added: “With weekend camping tickets nearly sold out, those wishing to come and enjoy the full weekend and all Sonisphere has to offer are advised to secure their tickets quickly.”
The opening day of the festival will be headline by thrash metal’s Big 4 of Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth and Anthrax.
- 1 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 2 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 5 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 6 Six-year-old to raise money for Afghan refugees with readathon
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 9 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 10 Paedophile jailed for historic child sex offences
Scottish rockers Biffy Clyro top the bill on the Saturday, with American metallers Slipknot closing things on the main stage the following night.
* See this week’s Welwyn Hatfield Times, out Wednesday, for the first of our festival previews.