More rubbish collections missed in Welwyn Hatfield
BELEAGURED binmen in Welwyn Hatfield have missed more waste collections in the past couple of days.
The switchover to fortnightly collections has got off to a shaky start since the first stage – changing residents’ pick-up dates – was implemented on January 24.
Today (Tuesday), recycling could not be taken from a number of roads in the Sherrards area of WGC. Binmen should be back tomorrow.
Yesterday (Monday), roads in Welwyn, Oaklands and the Ayots were missed out.
Refuse and compost collection services are reported to be running as scheduled, though.
You may also want to watch:
The latest mishaps come after the Welwyn Hatfield Times reported nearly 50 roads in the Digswell Park and Handside areas of WGC did not have their brown bins collected nearly two weeks ago.
Then, Welwyn Hatfield Council blamed residents for leaving out “too much” garden waste as Serco’s refuse operatives got used to the new collection routes.
- 1 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 2 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Keep on the grass - sign telling people to stay off land taped over
- 5 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 New care home opens in Potters Bar
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Meet the man driving a tractor 270 miles from Cornwall to Codicote
- 10 July 19: Extended restrictions will bring 'big costs' to our businesses