More rubbish collections missed in Welwyn Hatfield
BELEAGURED binmen in Welwyn Hatfield have missed more waste collections in the past couple of days.
The switchover to fortnightly collections has got off to a shaky start since the first stage – changing residents’ pick-up dates – was implemented on January 24.
Today (Tuesday), recycling could not be taken from a number of roads in the Sherrards area of WGC. Binmen should be back tomorrow.
Yesterday (Monday), roads in Welwyn, Oaklands and the Ayots were missed out.
Refuse and compost collection services are reported to be running as scheduled, though.
You may also want to watch:
The latest mishaps come after the Welwyn Hatfield Times reported nearly 50 roads in the Digswell Park and Handside areas of WGC did not have their brown bins collected nearly two weeks ago.
Then, Welwyn Hatfield Council blamed residents for leaving out “too much” garden waste as Serco’s refuse operatives got used to the new collection routes.
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 YMCA overdose victims claim 'neglectful support service' at Welwyn Garden City facility
- 3 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 4 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 5 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
- 6 First Slam Dunk Festival 2022 headliners announced for Hatfield Park
- 7 Bargains for shoppers at exclusive Hatfield Galleria VIP event
- 8 Nearly 30 Insulate Britain protestors arrested this morning
- 9 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 10 Slam Dunk Festival 2022 dates announced for Queen's Platinum Jubilee Bank Holiday weekend