More acts for Knebworth Sonisphere Festival 'In the pipeline'
NEW acts for the rock extravaganza to be held at Knebworth House could be announced later this week. The inaugural Sonisphere Festival arrives at the Hertfordshire stately home on August 1-2. Rock gods Metallica and nu-metal giants Linkin Park are headlin
NEW acts for the rock extravaganza to be held at Knebworth House could be announced later this week.
The inaugural Sonisphere Festival arrives at the Hertfordshire stately home on August 1-2.
Rock gods Metallica and nu-metal giants Linkin Park are headlining the two-day camping event.
Among those rumoured for Knebworth according to website efestivals.co.uk are American industrial rockers Nine Inch Nails, Los Angeles band Jane's Addiction and British alt-rock group Placebo.
You may also want to watch:
The WHT understands more bands could be revealed later this week, possibly as early as tomorrow (Thursday).
A press release from organisers says: "Sonisphere Festival is set for a phenomenal debut year, with a combination of some of the most established and successful bands in rock, as well as some of the most exciting bands currently ripping up the underground.
- 1 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 2 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 3 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 6 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 7 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 8 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 9 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 10 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
"With more massive acts to be announced and some very special guests in the pipeline, Knebworth Park is truly going back to its rock roots."
As well as the two mega headliners, confirmed for Sonisphere 2009 are Irish legends Thin Lizzy, Seattle grunge rockers Alice In Chains and Welsh metalcore band Bullet for My Valentine.
Also on the bill are Machine Head, Avenged Sevenfold, Lamb of God, Mastodon and The Sword.
Go to www.sonispherefestivals.com for tickets details.