More acts for Knebworth Sonisphere Festival 'In the pipeline'
NEW acts for the rock extravaganza to be held at Knebworth House could be announced later this week. The inaugural Sonisphere Festival arrives at the Hertfordshire stately home on August 1-2. Rock gods Metallica and nu-metal giants Linkin Park are headlin
NEW acts for the rock extravaganza to be held at Knebworth House could be announced later this week.
The inaugural Sonisphere Festival arrives at the Hertfordshire stately home on August 1-2.
Rock gods Metallica and nu-metal giants Linkin Park are headlining the two-day camping event.
Among those rumoured for Knebworth according to website efestivals.co.uk are American industrial rockers Nine Inch Nails, Los Angeles band Jane's Addiction and British alt-rock group Placebo.
You may also want to watch:
The WHT understands more bands could be revealed later this week, possibly as early as tomorrow (Thursday).
A press release from organisers says: "Sonisphere Festival is set for a phenomenal debut year, with a combination of some of the most established and successful bands in rock, as well as some of the most exciting bands currently ripping up the underground.
- 1 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 2 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 3 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 4 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 5 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 6 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
- 7 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 8 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 9 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 10 Local Plan: Inspector has concerns over why Green Belt sites were removed
"With more massive acts to be announced and some very special guests in the pipeline, Knebworth Park is truly going back to its rock roots."
As well as the two mega headliners, confirmed for Sonisphere 2009 are Irish legends Thin Lizzy, Seattle grunge rockers Alice In Chains and Welsh metalcore band Bullet for My Valentine.
Also on the bill are Machine Head, Avenged Sevenfold, Lamb of God, Mastodon and The Sword.
Go to www.sonispherefestivals.com for tickets details.