More acts for Knebworth Sonisphere Festival 'In the pipeline'
NEW acts for the rock extravaganza to be held at Knebworth House could be announced later this week. The inaugural Sonisphere Festival arrives at the Hertfordshire stately home on August 1-2. Rock gods Metallica and nu-metal giants Linkin Park are headlin
NEW acts for the rock extravaganza to be held at Knebworth House could be announced later this week.
The inaugural Sonisphere Festival arrives at the Hertfordshire stately home on August 1-2.
Rock gods Metallica and nu-metal giants Linkin Park are headlining the two-day camping event.
Among those rumoured for Knebworth according to website efestivals.co.uk are American industrial rockers Nine Inch Nails, Los Angeles band Jane's Addiction and British alt-rock group Placebo.
You may also want to watch:
The WHT understands more bands could be revealed later this week, possibly as early as tomorrow (Thursday).
A press release from organisers says: "Sonisphere Festival is set for a phenomenal debut year, with a combination of some of the most established and successful bands in rock, as well as some of the most exciting bands currently ripping up the underground.
- 1 Body found in search for missing woman as two men charged with murder
- 2 Tributes paid to Arsenal fan who died of COVID-19 'caught at Euros final'
- 3 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 4 New ITV teen drama Tell Me Everything being filmed in Welwyn Garden City
- 5 Campus West car park planning application submitted
- 6 Lack of confidence in Welwyn Hatfield council following housing safety scandal
- 7 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Spotting the signs: a personal insight into suicide
- 10 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
"With more massive acts to be announced and some very special guests in the pipeline, Knebworth Park is truly going back to its rock roots."
As well as the two mega headliners, confirmed for Sonisphere 2009 are Irish legends Thin Lizzy, Seattle grunge rockers Alice In Chains and Welsh metalcore band Bullet for My Valentine.
Also on the bill are Machine Head, Avenged Sevenfold, Lamb of God, Mastodon and The Sword.
Go to www.sonispherefestivals.com for tickets details.