Money pours in from Welwyn Hatfield Race for Life
MORE than �76,000 has already been raised from last weekend's Welwyn Hatfield Race for Life. With more than 2,700 people taking part in Stanborough Park, WGC, the organisers described Sunday's event as 'awesome'. Megs Salmon of Cancer Research UK
MORE than �76,000 has already been raised from last weekend's Welwyn Hatfield Race for Life.
With more than 2,700 people taking part in Stanborough Park, WGC, the organisers described Sunday's event as "awesome".
Megs Salmon of Cancer Research UK was organising her first event which, she said, made it "extra special".
"At first we thought the rain was going to ruin it, but in the end it was brilliant. I think the fundraisers brought the good weather with them.
"We are hoping to raise a total of �186,000.
"But overall it was awesome."
- 1 Man injured while working in Hatfield Business Park
- 2 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 3 First business moves into Hatfield's new £45m High View development
- 4 Potters Bar school in top 10 of The Sunday Times Schools Guide 2022
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Suspected stabbing in Welwyn Garden City
- 7 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 8 Where can you get a walk-in booster in Welwyn Hatfield this week?
- 9 "The older generation still knows how to have a good time"
- 10 Purse stolen from 74-year-old woman
Yvonne Brunt, bar manager at WGC Golf Club, added: "We all had a great day and such a fantastic atmosphere.
"Lindsey Peters' warm up was great fun and so well organised.
"I would like to say a big thank you to everyone who supported and sponsored us especially our 2009 club captain Richard Roberts and also the members and staff of the golf club for their generosity who helped us raise �1,600 for cancer research.
"I would also like to thank the girls behind the bar who joined me on Sunday. We all made good times with two of us beating our times from last year.
"Well done everybody.