Moment of truth for Brookmans Park Chef
VIEWERS will find out tonight (Friday) whether aspiring TV chef Ben Ebbrell's hopes of hosting his own recipe on national television are realised. Tonight's episode of cookery programme Market Kitchen will reveal who has won a nationwide competition
VIEWERS will find out tonight (Friday) whether aspiring TV chef Ben Ebbrell's hopes of hosting his own recipe on national television are realised.
Tonight's episode of cookery programme Market Kitchen will reveal who has won a nationwide competition to find a new face of food.
Ben, from Brookmans Park, is one of three finalists who have been appearing on the show all week, demonstrating their culinary skills in front of live audiences and industry experts.
This evening's episode, on digital channel UKTV Food, will see Celebrity Masterchef winner Andi Peters, plus celebrity chefs Meeriless Parker and Cyrus Todiwala, pick a winner.
You may also want to watch:
Whoever wins tonight will be presenting their own recipe from London's Borough Market. An additional prize of a day's cooking at Rick Stein's seafood school in Cornwall also awaits the triumphant contestant.
Ben, who is studying culinary arts management in Birmingham, hopes the programme will help boost not only his own profile but that of Sorted Students, a cookery group he set up with friends in Hertfordshire providing survival tips for undergraduates learning to fend for themselves.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 3 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 4 From 'the worst zoo in the UK' to popular attraction: Looking back on Paradise Wildlife Park's 37 years
- 5 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 6 Plans for 'largest film studio in the UK' revealed for Hertfordshire
- 7 Rogue landlord hit with record £90,000 fine for safety failings
- 8 JD Wetherspoons lists building in town centre for sale
- 9 CCTV appeal after safe containing cash and watches stolen
- 10 Eight vehicles seized after police operation to crack down on crime
"I'd love to get into TV to promote good food and get students and young people sorted, by proving cooking doesn't have to be a chore," said Ben, 21, a former Chancellor's student.
"Hopefully the chance to appear on Market Kitchen will push that message forward."
Tune in to UKTV Food tonight at 7pm to see if Ben wins.