Moment of truth for Brookmans Park Chef
VIEWERS will find out tonight (Friday) whether aspiring TV chef Ben Ebbrell's hopes of hosting his own recipe on national television are realised. Tonight's episode of cookery programme Market Kitchen will reveal who has won a nationwide competition
VIEWERS will find out tonight (Friday) whether aspiring TV chef Ben Ebbrell's hopes of hosting his own recipe on national television are realised.
Tonight's episode of cookery programme Market Kitchen will reveal who has won a nationwide competition to find a new face of food.
Ben, from Brookmans Park, is one of three finalists who have been appearing on the show all week, demonstrating their culinary skills in front of live audiences and industry experts.
This evening's episode, on digital channel UKTV Food, will see Celebrity Masterchef winner Andi Peters, plus celebrity chefs Meeriless Parker and Cyrus Todiwala, pick a winner.
You may also want to watch:
Whoever wins tonight will be presenting their own recipe from London's Borough Market. An additional prize of a day's cooking at Rick Stein's seafood school in Cornwall also awaits the triumphant contestant.
Ben, who is studying culinary arts management in Birmingham, hopes the programme will help boost not only his own profile but that of Sorted Students, a cookery group he set up with friends in Hertfordshire providing survival tips for undergraduates learning to fend for themselves.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 3 Documentary will delve into former palace turned home for WWII children
- 4 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 5 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 6 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 7 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 8 This week's pick of the movies made in Herts on TV
- 9 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 10 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?
"I'd love to get into TV to promote good food and get students and young people sorted, by proving cooking doesn't have to be a chore," said Ben, 21, a former Chancellor's student.
"Hopefully the chance to appear on Market Kitchen will push that message forward."
Tune in to UKTV Food tonight at 7pm to see if Ben wins.