Moment of truth for Brookmans Park Chef
VIEWERS will find out tonight (Friday) whether aspiring TV chef Ben Ebbrell's hopes of hosting his own recipe on national television are realised. Tonight's episode of cookery programme Market Kitchen will reveal who has won a nationwide competition
VIEWERS will find out tonight (Friday) whether aspiring TV chef Ben Ebbrell's hopes of hosting his own recipe on national television are realised.
Tonight's episode of cookery programme Market Kitchen will reveal who has won a nationwide competition to find a new face of food.
Ben, from Brookmans Park, is one of three finalists who have been appearing on the show all week, demonstrating their culinary skills in front of live audiences and industry experts.
This evening's episode, on digital channel UKTV Food, will see Celebrity Masterchef winner Andi Peters, plus celebrity chefs Meeriless Parker and Cyrus Todiwala, pick a winner.
Whoever wins tonight will be presenting their own recipe from London's Borough Market. An additional prize of a day's cooking at Rick Stein's seafood school in Cornwall also awaits the triumphant contestant.
Ben, who is studying culinary arts management in Birmingham, hopes the programme will help boost not only his own profile but that of Sorted Students, a cookery group he set up with friends in Hertfordshire providing survival tips for undergraduates learning to fend for themselves.
- 1 TfL removes over 100 London buses after EV blaze in Potters Bar
- 2 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 3 Toyota drove ‘erratically’ during suspected drug-fuelled trip in Hatfield
- 4 'Garden thieves' caught on camera in Welwyn
- 5 Fifteen-year-old boy hospitalised after reported stabbing in Hatfield
- 6 See inside this rumoured prison conversion in Welwyn village
- 7 The Crossrail connections to Hertfordshire which were never built
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Mother and daughter from WGC team up to offer food packages to struggling locals
- 10 Herts man charged with alleged attempted robbery at village Co-op
"I'd love to get into TV to promote good food and get students and young people sorted, by proving cooking doesn't have to be a chore," said Ben, 21, a former Chancellor's student.
"Hopefully the chance to appear on Market Kitchen will push that message forward."
Tune in to UKTV Food tonight at 7pm to see if Ben wins.