Missing Joy Morgan: Police use sniffer dogs in Stevenage search
- Credit: Picture: CALLUM ALLCOCK-GREEN
Police have been scouring grassland and woodland on the edge of Stevenage in their hunt for clues in the case of missing Hatfield student Joy Morgan, who hasn’t been seen since Boxing Day.
Searches have been continuing today for the University of Hertfordshire student after she was reported missing to police on Thursday, February 7.
A group of police officers were painstakingly combing the area in Norton Green this morning and early afternoon.
Joy, who studies midwifery, was last seen in Ilford on December 26, 2018.
The following day she made contact with coursemates via Whatsapp, but that is believed to be the last contact she made.
You may also want to watch:
A 40-year-old man from London has been arrested on suspicion of murder and released on bail while enquiries continue.
This week, Joy’s mum Carol and sister Dionne made a heartfelt video appeal for information.
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 3 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 4 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 5 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 6 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 7 Two more acts added to Hatfield music festival's 'line-up of headliners' for 2022
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 'So much for grassroots tennis' - Price hike at Gosling Sports Park sparks ire
- 10 New Local Plan timetable aims for summer deadline
Carol said: “We’re broken.
“All of us are broken inside.
“She’s only a girl, she’s so loved by us and we miss her so much.
“We need your help and support out there to find Joy.
“Give the information out for her and let the police do their job to find my baby girl, please.
Appealing directly to Joy, she added: “All we want you to do is come forward, go to the police and talk to a police officer.
“All I want to know, baby, is that you’re alive and well and that’s it.”
Joy has links to Ilford, Battersea, Cricklewood, Stevenage and Luton.
She is described as black, of slim build, around 5ft 5in tall, with black afro-style hair which she often covers with a scarf. Joy also wears glasses.
As part of the investigation, officers are keen to trace information around a highly distinctive Honda that Joy regularly travels in.
The vehicle’s owner has been identified and spoken to but it is believed that the vehicle is linked to Joy’s disappearance.
•Any information about Joy’s whereabouts can be submitted online here: https://mipp.police.uk/operation/35SA020119R15-PO1
If you have seen Joy since she was reported missing or have information about where she has been, please call Hertfordshire Constabulary’s non-emergency number 101. If you believe you are with Joy now or have seen her in the last few moments, please call 999 immediately.
•You can also report information online at www.herts.police.uk/Report.
Alternatively, you can stay 100% anonymous by contacting the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or via their untraceable online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org. In over 30 years, Crimestoppers charity has always kept its promise of anonymity to everyone who contacts them.