Missing Joy Morgan: Police use sniffer dogs in Stevenage search
- Credit: Picture: CALLUM ALLCOCK-GREEN
Police have been scouring grassland and woodland on the edge of Stevenage in their hunt for clues in the case of missing Hatfield student Joy Morgan, who hasn’t been seen since Boxing Day.
Searches have been continuing today for the University of Hertfordshire student after she was reported missing to police on Thursday, February 7.
A group of police officers were painstakingly combing the area in Norton Green this morning and early afternoon.
Joy, who studies midwifery, was last seen in Ilford on December 26, 2018.
The following day she made contact with coursemates via Whatsapp, but that is believed to be the last contact she made.
A 40-year-old man from London has been arrested on suspicion of murder and released on bail while enquiries continue.
This week, Joy’s mum Carol and sister Dionne made a heartfelt video appeal for information.
- 1 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 2 First business moves into Hatfield's new £45m High View development
- 3 Man injured while working in Hatfield Business Park
- 4 Potters Bar school in top 10 of The Sunday Times Schools Guide 2022
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Suspected stabbing in Welwyn Garden City
- 7 Where can you get a walk-in booster in Welwyn Hatfield this week?
- 8 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 9 County lines drug runners jailed after undercover police sting
- 10 From Russia with love... Catherine The Great series returns to Hatfield for season two of period drama
Carol said: “We’re broken.
“All of us are broken inside.
“She’s only a girl, she’s so loved by us and we miss her so much.
“We need your help and support out there to find Joy.
“Give the information out for her and let the police do their job to find my baby girl, please.
Appealing directly to Joy, she added: “All we want you to do is come forward, go to the police and talk to a police officer.
“All I want to know, baby, is that you’re alive and well and that’s it.”
Joy has links to Ilford, Battersea, Cricklewood, Stevenage and Luton.
She is described as black, of slim build, around 5ft 5in tall, with black afro-style hair which she often covers with a scarf. Joy also wears glasses.
As part of the investigation, officers are keen to trace information around a highly distinctive Honda that Joy regularly travels in.
The vehicle’s owner has been identified and spoken to but it is believed that the vehicle is linked to Joy’s disappearance.
•Any information about Joy’s whereabouts can be submitted online here: https://mipp.police.uk/operation/35SA020119R15-PO1
If you have seen Joy since she was reported missing or have information about where she has been, please call Hertfordshire Constabulary’s non-emergency number 101. If you believe you are with Joy now or have seen her in the last few moments, please call 999 immediately.
•You can also report information online at www.herts.police.uk/Report.
Alternatively, you can stay 100% anonymous by contacting the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or via their untraceable online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org. In over 30 years, Crimestoppers charity has always kept its promise of anonymity to everyone who contacts them.