Miss Hertfordshire ... and Mr
ANY blokes out there think they have what it takes to be Mr England?
Well if so listen up, for the annual competition is on its way to this county.
Men aged 17 to 27 are wanted to take part in Mr Hertfordshire, which will run alongside this next’s Miss Hertfordshire.
Initial scouting sessions are being held at the Galleria this month onwards, with formal auditions taking place at the Hatfield shopping centre on Sunday, February 27, 2011.
The 12 selected male contestants will take part in the joint Miss and Mr Hertfordshire finals in May, which are due to be held at the Gordon Craig Theatre, Stevenage.
You may also want to watch:
The newly-crowned Mr Hertfordshire will have the honour of representing the county at the national Mr England finals in July.
Competition organiser Sue Waite told the WHT: “We’ve never done it before here, so I just thought why not give it a go.
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 3 YMCA overdose victims claim 'neglectful support service' at Welwyn Garden City facility
- 4 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 5 Welwyn Garden City Beaver raises more than £100 for NHS with yard sale
- 6 M25 protesters could face prison after Government secures injunction
- 7 12 year old girl hospitalised after being hit by car
- 8 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
- 9 Welwyn Garden City man shares 9.5 stone weight loss journey
- 10 Headteacher calls out 'dangerous' and 'inconsiderate' parking from parents outside school
“I’m hoping to get at least a dozen gents; I think we can get some real hunks!”
Ellie Penny, the Galleria’s marketing manager, said: “The annual Miss Hertfordshire competition is a much anticipated and popular event with all of our visitors.
“So we’re delighted that the show organisers have decided to open up the contest to celebrate the county’s good looking guys as well as our lovely ladies.
“Good luck everyone!”
Amy Green won the 2010 Miss Hertfordshire competition and opened the Hatfield House Country Show earlier this year.