Miss Hertfordshire 2010 revealed
THE new Miss Hertfordshire was announced at last night’s (Sunday) finals.
Amy Green, from Hemel Hempstead took the title at the Gordon Craig Theatre, in Stevenage.
Judges on the night, including Hatfield’s football ace, QPR star Matt Connolly, decided on the 20-year-old to be the overall winner, ahead of runner-up Victoria Fawcus-Robinson, 17, from Tring and Jessica Collingwood, 19, from Stevenage, who was third.
In total Amy saw off competition from 34 others including six Times Territory beauties.
The managing director of Revolution Telecoms will now go to the finals of Miss England to represent the county in July.
You may also want to watch:
As part of winning she also received a year’s modelling contract with BMA, a dress to wear to the Miss England finals from Hinxworth Bridal and an outfit to wear when presenting Miss Hertfordshire 2011.
Her other prizes include a Purity Indulgence Experience for two at the London Hilton, Park Lane, Mayfair, a photoshoot, a Lancome Beauty Bag and a �50 voucher for Co-operative Travel.
- 1 'We were only open 20 days before the first lockdown' - First time restaurant owner optimistic after difficult first year
- 2 Ocado opens new development centre, creating 100 new jobs
- 3 Social club 'blown away' by community support while closed for extended period
- 4 May 17: Pub ready for reopening after £440k refurbishment
- 5 Search continues for missing Stevenage man
- 6 Top gear! Supercars drive into Knebworth for Petrolheadonism event
- 7 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 8 Weight lifted as Slimming World classes return as COVID-19 restrictions ease
- 9 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 10 Delight for Hatfield Swim Centre as lockdown easing sees group classes return
The crowns of Miss Charity and Miss Eco were also up for grabs on the night.
And both titles went to Kelly Carr, 17, from Watford.
Kelly raised over �900 for Hearing dogs for Deaf People, adding to the total of �6300 from all the girls.