Millions in child maintenance owed in Welwyn Hatfield and Hertsmere
A TOTAL of �6.21 million in child maintenance remains unpaid in Welwyn Hatfield, new figures show.
They also reveal how more than �4.515 million is owed in neighbouring Hertsmere.
The statistics, released this week by the single parent charity Gingerbread, take into account the cash owed to children in the constituencies by non-resident parents.
Fiona Weir, the chief executive of Gingerbread, said: “Child maintenance is vital for children in separated families.
“We know from single parents that this is much-needed money which pays for items such as children’s clothes, school meals, trips, activities and child care.”
You may also want to watch:
If your son or daughter is owed child maintenance payments from a non-resident parent call Gingerbread’s free single parent helpline on 0808 802 0925.
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
- 4 Welwyn nursery manager meets Boris Johnson at Downing Street reception
- 5 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 6 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 7 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 8 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
- 9 New free live music event set for Hertford Castle's grounds
- 10 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays