Millions in child maintenance owed in Welwyn Hatfield and Hertsmere
A TOTAL of �6.21 million in child maintenance remains unpaid in Welwyn Hatfield, new figures show.
They also reveal how more than �4.515 million is owed in neighbouring Hertsmere.
The statistics, released this week by the single parent charity Gingerbread, take into account the cash owed to children in the constituencies by non-resident parents.
Fiona Weir, the chief executive of Gingerbread, said: “Child maintenance is vital for children in separated families.
“We know from single parents that this is much-needed money which pays for items such as children’s clothes, school meals, trips, activities and child care.”
You may also want to watch:
If your son or daughter is owed child maintenance payments from a non-resident parent call Gingerbread’s free single parent helpline on 0808 802 0925.
- 1 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 2 Do you have the unclaimed £1 million winning lottery ticket bought in Welwyn Hatfield?
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Drugs worth £50,000 found in van pulled over for fly-tipping
- 5 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 6 Student gets programming with Code Ninjas
- 7 Missing teen found safe and well
- 8 Travel business calls for Grant Shapps visit to ‘see what a travel agent is’
- 9 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 10 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17