Milkshake shop causes a stir in Hatfield
A NEW milkshake store is starting to cause a stir at the Galleria, just weeks after opening.
Shake ‘A’ Shake, which only opened a fortnight ago in the Hatfield outlet centre, is already drawing in customers from afar with its bespoke selection of milkshakes and choice of hundreds of flavours.
“We’ve had a family come over from Milton Keynes, just to try our milkshakes,” said Dipa Pau, who owns the store alongside her husband Amit.
The couple, two former IT workers from Watford, realised they had a talent for shake making after creating a rusk and fruit milkshake for their one-year-old daughter, Radha.
“We did a Farley’s rusk and fruit shake and she loved it,” said Dipa.
You may also want to watch:
“We started making loads of crazy stuff at home, and all our friends really loved them too.
“My husband and I had been working in an IT environment for many years, and we just fancied doing something random and taking a risk.
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 3 What time will the election results come in?
- 4 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 5 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 6 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 7 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 8 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 9 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 10 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
“Some people would run a mile from risk-taking in a recession, but we don’t.”
It’s a risk that certainly seems to be paying off at the moment.
“We already have regulars,” said Dipa.
“I think it’s brought something new to the Galleria.
“We see Hatfield as some-where where people might appreciate this, with the Odeon upstairs and so many students here.”
The current bestseller, by the way, is a concoction known as the Nutty Madagascar Shake.
Dipa explained: “That’s Ferrero Roche with Nutella spread, whipped cream and chocolate sauce.”
She added: “But we do hundreds of different flavours; the whole point is customers get to mix together whatever they want.”
Shake ‘A’ Shake is located next to Frankie & Benny’s in the Galleria, on Comet Way.