Milkshake shop causes a stir in Hatfield
A NEW milkshake store is starting to cause a stir at the Galleria, just weeks after opening.
Shake ‘A’ Shake, which only opened a fortnight ago in the Hatfield outlet centre, is already drawing in customers from afar with its bespoke selection of milkshakes and choice of hundreds of flavours.
“We’ve had a family come over from Milton Keynes, just to try our milkshakes,” said Dipa Pau, who owns the store alongside her husband Amit.
The couple, two former IT workers from Watford, realised they had a talent for shake making after creating a rusk and fruit milkshake for their one-year-old daughter, Radha.
“We did a Farley’s rusk and fruit shake and she loved it,” said Dipa.
You may also want to watch:
“We started making loads of crazy stuff at home, and all our friends really loved them too.
“My husband and I had been working in an IT environment for many years, and we just fancied doing something random and taking a risk.
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 4 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 5 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 6 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 7 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 8 Welwyn nursery manager meets Boris Johnson at Downing Street reception
- 9 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 10 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
“Some people would run a mile from risk-taking in a recession, but we don’t.”
It’s a risk that certainly seems to be paying off at the moment.
“We already have regulars,” said Dipa.
“I think it’s brought something new to the Galleria.
“We see Hatfield as some-where where people might appreciate this, with the Odeon upstairs and so many students here.”
The current bestseller, by the way, is a concoction known as the Nutty Madagascar Shake.
Dipa explained: “That’s Ferrero Roche with Nutella spread, whipped cream and chocolate sauce.”
She added: “But we do hundreds of different flavours; the whole point is customers get to mix together whatever they want.”
Shake ‘A’ Shake is located next to Frankie & Benny’s in the Galleria, on Comet Way.