‘Menace’ who exposed himself to child in Welwyn Garden City spared jail
- Credit: Archant
A 20-year-old from Welwyn Garden City who got a ‘buzz’ from exposing himself to underage girls has been banned by a court from using computers with webcams.
St Albans Crown Court heard Connor Harlow had exposed himself to a 12-year-old girl through a window.
He did the same thing to an adult carer.
Prosecutor Sally Mealing-McLeod said the 12-year-old told her brother’s girlfriend what had happened and the police were called.
Harlow, of Great North Road, pleaded guilty to two counts of exposure in April and June last year at an earlier hearing.
You may also want to watch:
He had previous convictions for masturbating over the web in the presence of a 12 year old girl and for having indecent images of children.
Carl Woolf, defending, said the previous convictions were when he was a young person.
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 3 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 6 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 7 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 8 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 9 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 10 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
Judge John Plumstead said: “He told a probation officer that he got a ‘buzz’ from masturbating in front of underage girls.
“There are children at risk of being traumatised by him. He is a menace.”
The judge said the offences meant he could not send Harlow to prison for long enough for him to go on a sex offender treatment programme.
He passed a three year community order with supervision and a condition that he attends a Sex Offender Treatment programme in the community.
He must abide by a Sexual Offences Prevention Order, which bans him from using a computer with a web camera and a smart phone so he cannot make contact with underage girls.