Snakes alive! Welwyn Hatfield residents show off their exotic pets
- Credit: James Hurt
We asked residents of Welwyn Hatfield to send in pictures of their unusual pets - and we were greeted with an array of exotic reptiles.
James Hurt, who lives in Hollybush Lane, Welwyn Garden City, sent pictures of Fi, his 15-foot Burmese python.
He said: "I decided to get Fi purely because of her size. She is an amazing animal to look at and to watch feed.
"She's very docile as far as snakes go, in comparison to my anaconda, who hates the world."
James has had Fi for around five years, having rehomed her, and has been keeping snakes for a long time. As well as Fi and his anaconda, he also has a Guyana boa constrictor.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile Freddie Parker from Hatfield sent in a picture of Thiago, his Argentine black and white tegu, and of Talulah, his reticulated python.
- 1 Care home resident celebrates 102nd birthday
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 4 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 5 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 6 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 7 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 8 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 9 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 10 Clinic launched at sports village to help 'long COVID' sufferers