Meet Hertsmere General Election candidates in Potters Bar
POTTERS Bar residents will get the chance to grill the people bidding for their votes in the forthcoming General Election at a public meeting this weekend.
Six candidates vying for the Hertsmere constituency seat have confirmed their attendance at a hustings meeting on Saturday at Elm Court Youth and Community Centre in Mutton Lane.
The candidates currently lined-up to field questions from the audience are Tory James Clappison, Labour candidate Sam Russell, Lib Dem nominee Anthony Rowlands, Arjuna Krishna-Das from the Green Party, UKIP hopeful David Rutter and BNP candidate Daniel Seabrook.
The meeting has been organised by a group of Potters Bar Christians, and will be chaired by Quakers Lane resident Andrew Billington.
“Although set up by individuals involved in the churches in Potters Bar we hope that all members of the Potters Bar community will attend and ask questions,” Mr Billington said.
You may also want to watch:
“I feel very strongly we should all hear properly what our candidates have got to say. That’s why I was eager to get involved.
“Sometimes we hear very little from individual candidates, and too much about national party policy.”
- 1 'We were only open 20 days before the first lockdown' - First time restaurant owner optimistic after difficult first year
- 2 Ocado opens new development centre, creating 100 new jobs
- 3 Social club 'blown away' by community support while closed for extended period
- 4 May 17: Pub ready for reopening after £440k refurbishment
- 5 Search continues for missing Stevenage man
- 6 Top gear! Supercars drive into Knebworth for Petrolheadonism event
- 7 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 8 Weight lifted as Slimming World classes return as COVID-19 restrictions ease
- 9 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 10 Delight for Hatfield Swim Centre as lockdown easing sees group classes return
The discussion is due to get under way at 7pm.
Refreshments will be served from 6.30pm.
You can email questions in advance to Mr Billington at email@example.com