Meet Hertsmere General Election candidates in Potters Bar
POTTERS Bar residents will get the chance to grill the people bidding for their votes in the forthcoming General Election at a public meeting this weekend.
Six candidates vying for the Hertsmere constituency seat have confirmed their attendance at a hustings meeting on Saturday at Elm Court Youth and Community Centre in Mutton Lane.
The candidates currently lined-up to field questions from the audience are Tory James Clappison, Labour candidate Sam Russell, Lib Dem nominee Anthony Rowlands, Arjuna Krishna-Das from the Green Party, UKIP hopeful David Rutter and BNP candidate Daniel Seabrook.
The meeting has been organised by a group of Potters Bar Christians, and will be chaired by Quakers Lane resident Andrew Billington.
“Although set up by individuals involved in the churches in Potters Bar we hope that all members of the Potters Bar community will attend and ask questions,” Mr Billington said.
You may also want to watch:
“I feel very strongly we should all hear properly what our candidates have got to say. That’s why I was eager to get involved.
“Sometimes we hear very little from individual candidates, and too much about national party policy.”
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 3 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 4 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 5 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 6 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 7 Two more acts added to Hatfield music festival's 'line-up of headliners' for 2022
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 'So much for grassroots tennis' - Price hike at Gosling Sports Park sparks ire
- 10 New Local Plan timetable aims for summer deadline
The discussion is due to get under way at 7pm.
Refreshments will be served from 6.30pm.
You can email questions in advance to Mr Billington at firstname.lastname@example.org