Medieval jousting at Knebworth House tomorrow
THERE will be plenty of spectacular action, stunts, fierce battles and warhorses at full gallop at Knebworth House tomorrow (Sunday) as the Knights of Royal England take up arms for a medieval jousting tournament. The event, one of the most popular in the
THERE will be plenty of spectacular action, stunts, fierce battles and warhorses at full gallop at Knebworth House tomorrow (Sunday) as the Knights of Royal England take up arms for a medieval jousting tournament.
The event, one of the most popular in the stately home's annual programme, guarantees audiences all the romance and pageantry of days gone by, with a line-up of wild action, hand-to-hand combat and equestrian skill.
There are two jousts in the course of the day starting at 12.30pm and 2pm - subject to weather.
An estate spokeswoman said: "With more than 20 years experience, the Knights of Royal England Company performs in an authentic jousting tournament arena with specially-built props, equipment, flags, a royal box and medieval tents."
You may also want to watch:
The estate's other attractions, including Fort Knebworth and adventure playground, the house and the Wilderness Garden, home to 72 life-size dinosaurs, models of creatures that roamed the earth millions of years ago, are also open.
For further details call Charlotte Farrer on 01438 812661, fax 01438 811908, email email@example.com or visit the website at www.knebworthhouse.com
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 3 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 4 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 7 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 8 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 9 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 10 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued