Medieval jousting at Knebworth House tomorrow
THERE will be plenty of spectacular action, stunts, fierce battles and warhorses at full gallop at Knebworth House tomorrow (Sunday) as the Knights of Royal England take up arms for a medieval jousting tournament. The event, one of the most popular in the
THERE will be plenty of spectacular action, stunts, fierce battles and warhorses at full gallop at Knebworth House tomorrow (Sunday) as the Knights of Royal England take up arms for a medieval jousting tournament.
The event, one of the most popular in the stately home's annual programme, guarantees audiences all the romance and pageantry of days gone by, with a line-up of wild action, hand-to-hand combat and equestrian skill.
There are two jousts in the course of the day starting at 12.30pm and 2pm - subject to weather.
An estate spokeswoman said: "With more than 20 years experience, the Knights of Royal England Company performs in an authentic jousting tournament arena with specially-built props, equipment, flags, a royal box and medieval tents."
You may also want to watch:
The estate's other attractions, including Fort Knebworth and adventure playground, the house and the Wilderness Garden, home to 72 life-size dinosaurs, models of creatures that roamed the earth millions of years ago, are also open.
For further details call Charlotte Farrer on 01438 812661, fax 01438 811908, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website at www.knebworthhouse.com
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 5 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 6 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 7 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Report shows staggering increase in fly-tipping across Herts over past year
- 10 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning